Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pawprints
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2005, 09:50 AM

Eddie!

Remember my post on Eddie waking me up before 5 in the morning? Well, the good news is, he now (fingers crossed)! seems to be sleeping in until we get up ... hooray!

I spoke to his fosterer & she laughed, & said yes, he was attention seeking, she said to stop him, use one of her old tricks that works with all her dogs. When he whines, come downstairs (Eddie was already crate-trained to the kitchen), pick up his stainless steel feeding bowl & clatter it against the side of his crate! First time I tried it, he just froze, obviously took him back to when he was with her... but, he stopped whining & slept on until 7.30am, when we came down & gave him the biggest fuss & cuddles! The next morning, the same.... yesterday & this morning, not a murmur until we came down ...

So, looks like we now have him in our routine & a happy dog, waiting for his owners to come down & give him lots of fuss & a nice walk.

Every dog is different, & what works for one, won`t for another but I`m just glad that we have now sorted this out, expect the neighbours are too! Lucy.
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2005, 09:52 AM
well done eddie :smt023 :smt023 :smt038
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2005, 09:54 AM
oh im glad eddie is not waking you up early now, congrats
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Aww thats great well done Eddie and well done you

I had this problem with my mums toy poodle who we had to look after whilst she was in hospital. We would let her out in the garden at about 1 am (after having a walk at 10.30 and she would still wake us up in the early hours of the morning asking to go out in the garden. One of us had to sleep on the settee every night with her because I didn't want her waking the kids up I have told mum that I couldn't have her permanently because I couldn't put up with this all the time. She is 10 1/2 years old so I don't know whether this would be attention seeking or not
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Good dog eddie!
My boys are very lazy in the morning, they get up when i do, and even then i have to wake them up !
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Good boy Eddie. 5am That's the middle of the night thank goodness he's discovered the joys of having a lay in