View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Lynn, you come here and have a good old rant!!!
Moyra, hopefully the guarantee will be good
LG, is stuck doing his accounting at the moment, he did say he would MIA for a little while and Eileen hasn't been on since 9 feb... i don't have an email address for her but i would think she is still up to her eyes with everything, poor lady has so much going on
got my blood results, the Dr is referring my mum so i don't need to worry about going back for a letter, was going to try and get an appointment with the Dr but thought better of it, will try another day...got some bird seed, had run out because my vetuk order still hasn't been dispatched!!! not at all happy about that
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2016, 03:41 PM
That is not good with VetUK is it Griff
Back from the bone run, not that many really.One lot of dinosaur bones for their tea tomorrow and just enough smaller bones to see me through a week. Also 2 lambs tails, so I have frozen them and will make them into bone soup.
Very dry and cold here, the east wind is cutting. Didn't take long to tidy beds, hose down and disinfect, that is the good thing to come out of it being cold and dry, would prefer warm and dry (obviously) but better than wet and cold when all said and done.
I've just done a food drop order for the girls and going to see if he has any venison necks, they aren't on the list, but sometimes he has them in and hasn't packed them in trays as yet.
Lynn, I thought it may because Gorden had to go off early Monday morning, and am hoping this new job he's applied for comes good. At least he's not having to fly off to Nigeria and put his life on the line like he had to a couple of years ago, thank goodness he got in and out of there in one piece, with all the goings on in that part of the world makes you thankful for small mercies doesn't it. I need to make a start on my garden, well the pots and baskets,need to find Nigel the Gardener now and see how much to returf it, because there is a muddy pawmarked mudbath where there was grass.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Doesn't seem as if I will be getting a call from the school re: Joel. She has let Mark know we have written with our concerns and said she is not able to pass on 3rd party concerns and maybe we should make an anonymous call to SS we presume.
I have emailed a child welfare group. Said to mark passing the buck as usual and apparently they are only concerned over his attendance nothing else.
I have just emailed some child welfare charity to get some clues about what we can do and who we mention it too if anything.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Hi everyone hope you and all doggies are well. What a difference from yesterdays lovely warm sunny weather Today I can't get warm at all, even put the heating on high but it's so chilly here my bones are aching, not helped by the extra long walks I went on yesterday. Little Sammy is just a bundle of energy, pity I can't walk 20 miles a day to keep up with him

Saw pictures of the GSD who won on Crufts and like so many others was appalled by it. We have quite a few GSDs in the park and happily they are all straight backed, beautiful dogs. Moira if the battery is under guarantee phone them and get them out to look at it. My dad had a scooter and was out and about on it every day he used to go miles to his hospital appointments on it lol Sorry you didn't get many bones TW it's getting to be a waste of your time going for them. Sorry you had no luck with the school Lynn. Griff take care of yourself.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2016, 04:28 PM
It was about Gorden dumping on me last minute about his very early start June.
No news yet about him getting an interview interviews will be this week. He will be getting jumpy if he hasn't heard by end of business today.
Thanks 1cd. Didn't expect much else to be honest not sure why they call them welfare managers to be honest.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Lynn, about right that.....then if something happens it will be "oh we weren't aware" when they bloody well were, mum reported our neighbour to SS...nobody investigated, she was beating the fella up and getting the kid who was about 8 out of bed at 10pm and leaving and going to her parents...nobody acted on the info at all, awkward situation for you to be in really
TW, shame about the bones and i hope you track down Nigel and hopefully he will turn up before next winter to get your turf laid
you are right about vetuk...i am sooooooo annoyed, it isn't just the odd order either...something iffy is going on..emails going unanswered phones not being answered and message banks full, i paid via paypal so i am o.k i can get the money back if they have gone under, people are asking that question...i don't think that is the case but something very very strange is going on
1Cutedog...same here, we were sweltering yesterday and today i a back to vest, 2 hoodies and a coat Lol
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Hugs to you Lynn you don't need all this worry re Joel but typical of the services concerned nothing done until it is too late and then not their fault. Hope Gorden hears today re interview.

Thanks for the link Brenda have put in a reminder to watch

Hope the battery is ok on blue and you have managed to use it today.

Hope you get warm soon 1cutedog.

The bone run is beginning to be a waste of time and money June - wonder what they are doing with them

Fingers crossed your mum gets an early appointment Griff.

Finished digging the veg patch so can concentrate on putting thing in pots in the green house in the coming weeks and putting in the plants I bought yesterday. Had another walk this afternoon but it has clouded over and is now quite cold.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Well, i have cancelled my order with vetuk...i have just looked on their fbook page and there are tonnes and tonnes of us, i have requested a refun but also opened a paypal dispute.....there are quite a few people saying they reckon the business is ceasing trading...i am kin of lucky, it is cat food, bird food and a toy...other people have animals left with no medication!!! i hope i can get the money back as i can't afford to lose £40, i can finally order some more food for him tomorrow and it will b in by thursday fingers crossed..thank god i had that box of hills to use short term. Anyone thinking of ordering from vetuk....i would hold off for the moment unless it is for something unimportant
Sue....you have been very busy again haven't you
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2016, 05:22 PM
It appears that blue's batteries have charged, so may be I can get out on her tomorrow. I am calling it a day and taking myself off to bed soon so goodnight all, God bless. xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Apparently my letter was matter of fact. I have emailed her saying I am a little disappointed if Mark got that remark right. It is a polite email but goes into a little more depth and how I was told everyone deserves a second chance when I tried ss years ago with my concerns.
Have said that went well then because his attendance is still rubbish and living conditions still not improved. Good thing is he is not being beaten he wouldnt be there if he was Mark would of taken him and risked prison if that was the case. But in my eyes he is mentally abused.
It is the NSPCC I have emailed for advice re: help getting round this attendance thing but it can take up to 3 days if its not urgent for them to reply.
Wonder if the welfare manager will let Mark know I have emailed now.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >