Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Been in a car bump.

Okay a question for anyone with experience knowledge of insurance

No one was hurt in anyway.
I was driving in supermarket/retail park car park between parked cars, therefore slowly.
A black Audi came in the other way and took the space I had seen, fair do's it was closer to their end in than mine. So I carried on down the row and then boom the Audi reversed out and her passenger side rear bumper hit my wheel arch and a bit of the door - not to bad

I assume her insurance will pay up as she reversed into me
damage to my car wheel arch bashed a bit and the edge of the passenger door and maybe my tyre but that could just have been a bit of her car.
If she had been level her whole bumper would have hit the side of my car; as it was her bumper (imagine you were on an angle and wanted to straighten up) that bit of her bumper hit my wheel arch/rear door edge.

Does anyone know will her insurance pay my excess?

She did say I saw you. But obviously she did not stop or judge my disatnce correctly., if she saw me, as I had no idea she was going to reverse.
Mine is private insurance hers company car/insurance.

I reported it to Sainsbury's security; (there is no camera covering car park) but the lady in the other car did not. Have reported it to my insurance, with in 1/2 hour or so.
I was alone so was she, and no witness's (who wanted to come forward) it was only a small bump not a major collision

Karen
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Is she refusing to admit liability Karen? As I see it, it appears to be her fault, and her insurance company should fork out for any damage and your excess.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Also see if they have it on cctv.
If it was contested the film will clearly show she backed into you.
Undue care and attention, if she admits to seeing you fine, but like you have said her driving or judgment was wrong.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2007, 06:27 PM
IMHO as she reversed into you she is obviously at fault & cannot deny this as she was manovering.

You should get all your money back, but you might have to pay the excess up front & then her insurance should pay you
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2007, 06:40 PM
As an ex motor claims handler of 16 years her insurers are liable for all costs associated with the accident so yes they would pay your excess.
However, under the terms of your insurance policy as all motor insurance policy you cannot admit liability all that should be done is to exchange names and addresses and insurers where known.
Becky
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2007, 07:38 PM
No I did not admit anything. Neither did she but she did say I saw you.... all I did was exchange my name, a mobile numbe and my car reg and Insurance ie who I am with.
I got the same from her but she did not know who the insurance was with but gave me her company.

No they have no CCTV I asked when I reported it to sainsbury's. But as I had no camera I got the sainsbury's guard to have a look at the back of her car (so he could see there were no dents) and what mine was like. And he wrote it in his report. The lady has still not reported it at 8.00opm when the guard went off duty. He rang to let me know nothing has been reported other than me.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Sorry meant to say Thank you all.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-08-2007, 07:44 PM
was any pictures taken at the scene?
This is something people don't think of but good evidence of position, damage etc.
As some folk would cause damage to their car to get the insurance to pay for previous damage etc.
If you have an independant witness etc then you shouldn't have a problem.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2007, 08:12 PM
I always have a cheap throw away camera in my car for just such happenings. It was a give away from the insurance company !
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Or use your mobile, any evidence is better than none if it comes to it.
We all know to exchange details, but not many consider "what could be" and safe guard themselfs.
I have worked within the law too long, although i admit i don't have a camera in our car......opps
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >