Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 06:37 PM

help poppy has worms !!!

this is not something i have encounted before as ella has always been given a tablet so she has never had it .
weve had poppy since friday and the lady said she had been wormed , and as it is me who cleans up after her i would have noticed before today but i think she lied . when we went to the vet on saturday she gave me a tablet for her { i cant rem the name !!!! } and said give it to her in a couple of days so i did yesterday
and today i find this will she be ok ? , has the treatment that i gave yesterday kill them ? i no when we go back in two weeks she will be given another im worried now
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Looks like the worming tablet has done its job and killed them They are horrible little things one of my old cats had them.

The vet told me the tablets only kill what is already there and dont prevent them.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
Looks like the worming tablet has done its job and killed them They are horrible little things one of my old cats had them.

The vet told me the tablets only kill what is already there and dont prevent them.
ah i see thanks , there awfull made me cringe sounds odd but if there alive do they move ? just so i no and any ideas why they appeared today even thou weve had her since friday and i haven seen them there not small worms either
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 06:48 PM
and another thing can we catch them althou obviosly i wash my hands after cleaning up after them but what about when we play and she licks us
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-06-2006, 06:48 PM
They do move when they are alive I do know that just because you cant see evidence of worms does not mean they dont have them.

Not sure about catching them but I think it is possible to be infected with certain ones hopefully someone will know more about them.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Oh yuck! I had this the other day. Bongo was given a dose of wormer before leaving the breeder, and two days later voila! One big horrible worm Most dogs have them in dormant phases, so they keep showing up throughout the dog's life - that's why you treat regularly. They cling onto the gut wall while they're alive, but the wormer kills em and they can't hang on anymore. That's when you see them. Bleurgh!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
They do move when they are alive I do know that just because you cant see evidence of worms does not mean they dont have them.

Not sure about catching them but I think it is possible to be infected with certain ones hopefully someone will know more about them.
thanks carole
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Oh, and yes you can get them, from the eggs, also in dog poo. Always wash hands after being around dog poo, not just when worms are visible!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by duboing
Oh yuck! I had this the other day. Bongo was given a dose of wormer before leaving the breeder, and two days later voila! One big horrible worm Most dogs have them in dormant phases, so they keep showing up throughout the dog's life - that's why you treat regularly. They cling onto the gut wall while they're alive, but the wormer kills em and they can't hang on anymore. That's when you see them. Bleurgh!
i am gagging as i type i have always treated ella so its not something i no about or have ever seen just something i was told to do with her from a pup so i have
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by duboing
Oh, and yes you can get them, from the eggs, also in dog poo. Always wash hands after being around dog poo, not just when worms are visible!
course i do i just didn no about her licking my hands etc same when she does the kids
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >