Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
You are being a great support for this lady you care fo at the moment and that is the most wonderful thing and reporting these other "carers" of hers IMO is the right thing to do and they need a good slap up the back of the head.
((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) to you
Emma
Thank you Emma.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 02:57 PM
More updated news..............................

I have just returned from spending the afternoon with this lady, not knowing if the one pup had survived the night or not. So i was thrilled when i arrived to find that not only had the pup survived the night but also to find another pup had been born this morning
They are both doing well and look very strong pups My lady is doing a sterling job, keeping them warm and feeding every 2 hrs. I'm so proud of her, i really am.

I'm over there with her again tomorrow lunch time. I shall update again tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the support. x
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2009, 04:18 PM
If the situation has created a lot of emotional energy for you, use it to make sure the irresponsibe pair are severly repremanded, and I would see what I could do to make sure all the dogs are looked after properly, not just the pregnant one. Is the lady really up to looking after 5 dogs?! I know she loves them, but if they were kids they would have been taken into care. I don't want to sound harsh and obviously do not now the people involved so i hope I am wrong and the dogs are well cared for!
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
If the situation has created a lot of emotional energy for you, use it to make sure the irresponsibe pair are severly repremanded, and I would see what I could do to make sure all the dogs are looked after properly, not just the pregnant one. Is the lady really up to looking after 5 dogs?! I know she loves them, but if they were kids they would have been taken into care. I don't want to sound harsh and obviously do not now the people involved so i hope I am wrong and the dogs are well cared for!
If you have read the entire thread you will know that this lady is without question able to care for her dogs, as i said they are her children. I am one of a team of carer's that go to see this lady. I am doing my best to support her both inside and outside of work I was with her all afternoon today (which happens to be my day off!) and i'll be over there tomorrow (on my weekend off).

Please bear in mind i also have 4 dogs of my own and a family - i'm doing my best to support her!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 05:13 PM
what a horrid situation and sad that one of the pups hasnt survived.

I think you are doign a marvellous job, but I have to stress I feel that the most responsible thing this lady could now do would be to get the dog castrated and the bitches speyed so that this situation has no chance of happening again.

I just feel that perhaps this has a possibility of happening again, and I would question the morality of the carers responsible for this as to whether they were perhaps hoping to sell the pups etc????

i think its dreadful what they did and good on you for reporting them, BUt i do think this lady needs to see that the best thing now for the dogs is to get them neutured.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
what a horrid situation and sad that one of the pups hasnt survived.

I think you are doign a marvellous job, but I have to stress I feel that the most responsible thing this lady could now do would be to get the dog castrated and the bitches speyed so that this situation has no chance of happening again.

I just feel that perhaps this has a possibility of happening again, and I would question the morality of the carers responsible for this as to whether they were perhaps hoping to sell the pups etc????

i think its dreadful what they did and good on you for reporting them, BUt i do think this lady needs to see that the best thing now for the dogs is to get them neutured.

Hiya, yes what you are saying about having them neutured is quite correct and i will be having words with this lady about it. I will find out from the RSPCA if they do a 'help scheme' that would be able to help her.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Well done for being such a caring and thoughtful person, to give all your help to this lady (above and beyond duty too).

It does make me wonder if those other carers thought there was something in this for themselves (in terms of getting a puppy maybe?) Or perhaps, I am doing them a disservice saying so and they simply didn't think of the consequences?

Either way, it is sad that the wee pup died, but delighted for the others. I hope they find good homes and she does spay her so it cannot happen again.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Well done for being such a caring and thoughtful person, to give all your help to this lady (above and beyond duty too).

It does make me wonder if those other carers thought there was something in this for themselves (in terms of getting a puppy maybe?) Or perhaps, I am doing them a disservice saying so and they simply didn't think of the consequences?

Either way, it is sad that the wee pup died, but delighted for the others. I hope they find good homes and she does spay her so it cannot happen again.
Thanks hun,
We rescued a choc lab earlier this year from a girl i work with who to be honest - does not have a clue when it comes to dogs, he had spent upwards of all day (while she was at work) and all night in a cage(to prevent him from chewing) and only came out while she was home, and then because of no excercise and no company his excess energy made him very unruly and naughty, he then associated all attention with being naughty and she ended up hating him. He (bailey) is now my dog. BUT this girl is half of the two responsible for mating this ladies dogs So you can imagaine how disgusted i am,
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
Thanks hun,
We rescued a choc lab earlier this year from a girl i work with who to be honest - does not have a clue when it comes to dogs, he had spent upwards of all day (while she was at work) and all night in a cage(to prevent him from chewing) and only came out while she was home, and then because of no excercise and no company his excess energy made him very unruly and naughty, he then associated all attention with being naughty and she ended up hating him. He (bailey) is now my dog. BUT this girl is half of the two responsible for mating this ladies dogs So you can imagaine how disgusted i am,
thats awful !!
WHAT A HORRID WOMAN - HOW CAN SHE BE A CARER ????
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 06:01 PM
thats so sad the wee pup died poor mother dog and poor lady.

you sound like amazing support for her and its great you are helping her, well done!
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »