View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Well done to you for being so responsible. You really are doing your best to help this poor lady and her dogs in a very difficult situation. Have you spoken to these other carers? I wonder what there reasons were for assisting in mating, do you think the lady asked them to? Although, I would have thought that would not normally be part of their "caring" duties. I was just wondering if the dog has seen a vet yet? Fingers crossed that all goes well.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi, thanks for all the nice comments. Rachel you are a god send, i read up in the 'book of the bitch' last night (in the charts at the back), for this breed it says c, section is common, which i already knew.
The dog (who i saw yesterday), is so big i rekon she is carrying at least 4 pups, the poor dog is looking so fed up.

I would like to say also, yes this lady has taken the dog to the vets, twice already for a check up and she's going back again next week - like i said she loves her dogs and is always up the vets to make sure they are all well

As i said, she has my number and i told her if she needs me then to ring me (even if its the middle of the night )

Thanks again guys.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2009, 02:52 PM
UPDATE..........................................

As promised i am updating.

I wish it could have been a good update, but as i first thought, it's sadly not.

This lady's dog had 2 pups this morning, 1 bitch and 1 dog, the bitch did not survive, sadly i was not there with her as i was still at work when she rang me, the dog is ok and is being hand fed every 2 hours as advised by the vet, the mummy dog rejected both pups and hasn't a clue whats going on. As i said the dog is very young.

My lady is absolutly devastated, as soon as i got her voicemail i went straight over to her, the Dr was already with her, bless her the poor woman was sat in a chair holding the remaining pup in a blanket and crying.

What can i say. I am upset but stuck between sheer anger and being an emotional wreck.
And to think we as carer's have a duty to '' care and protect the vunurable'' - this is the result of 2 carer's moment of stupidity.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2009, 03:04 PM
What an awful situation.

i am a carer and this is surely against all policys and ethics of the care company.
i would personally report them to as high up a manager as you need to go, saying how stressed this has made the lady, and hopefully these people will get their commupence!

Poor little dog tho, fingers crossed it works out for the pup that is left xx
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2009, 03:14 PM
thanks, i can assure you that it is against ALL rules and policy's .........under the heading '' DUTY TO PROTECT AND CARE FOR THE VULNERABLE'' . I can promise you that i have reported them to my senior.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
thanks, i can assure you that it is against ALL rules and policy's .........under the heading '' DUTY TO PROTECT AND CARE FOR THE VULNERABLE'' . I can promise you that i have reported them to my senior.
Good for you, cos some people would be afraid to stand up to them.

Really hope you get a result tho and they dont ignore it.

i would be fuming to it is an awful situation for everyone involved ;-( Hugs hun and well done again xx
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Thank - you, hugs have been gratefully received
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I would also suggest to her that she needs to get either the dogs castrated or the bitches spayed to prevent this happening again.

The puppy needs to be kept in quite a high constant temperature room temperature
The surrounding area temperature is vital to the ability of the pups to maintain body heat those first weeks. The recommended ambient temperature during the first week is between 85 - 90° F
& very carefully handled.

I hope the puppy has had some colostrum

You are being a real trooper well done
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I would also suggest to her that she needs to get either the dogs castrated or the bitches spayed to prevent this happening again.

The puppy needs to be kept in quite a high constant temperature room temperature & very carefully handled.

I hope the puppy has had some colostrum

You are being a real trooper well done
Thanks,

I have been over to her once today (after work) but had to come back to pick the kids up from school and i am off back to work at 18.30 - 22.00 tonight. Tomorrow is my day off so once the kids have got off to school - i'll go over to her again.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 01:21 PM
You are being a great support for this lady you care fo at the moment and that is the most wonderful thing and reporting these other "carers" of hers IMO is the right thing to do and they need a good slap up the back of the head.
((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) to you
Emma
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »