View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-11-2015, 10:02 PM

Casey bags a bunny (Warning picture of dead rabbit)

Well yesterday Casey dived into the hedgerow, he was there some time and all I could see was his tail eventually he 'backed out' covered in brambles and grass and with this in his mouth He then proceeded to carry it back to the car, normally he eats it on the spot

At home OH managed to persude him into the house with some of his favorite treats while I quickly went out and moved dead bunny into the wheelie bin

Today, on the same bit of bridle path, he found a pidgeon but he decided that since we tricked him yesterday he wasn't going to risk taking it home so he ate it on the spot, all except the feathers

Just for the record both creatures had met their demise some time before he came along
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Just for the record both creatures had met their demise some time before he came along
Was gonna say it's probably healthier than what you get in the shops - then saw that (hopefully not poison of some sort).
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Was gonna say it's probably healthier than what you get in the shops - then saw that (hopefully not poison of some sort).
That was yesterday and seems OK today, most likely one of the local farmers 'controlling' the population.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Could have been droppedby a hawk or an owl as well. Casey's adapted well to the new feeding regime hasn't he, got it all worked out very quickly
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2015, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Could have been droppedby a hawk or an owl as well. Casey's adapted well to the new feeding regime hasn't he, got it all worked out very quickly
Despite all his 'fooling' around he is actualy more intelligent than he looks.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2015, 02:15 AM
Gahhh, mine don't eat them...Just maul them like a poor raccoon who staggered the yard until animal control came. Or the ground hog, a good thirty pounds and we had to remove him ourselves. I had a good mind to put the body in the animal control officer's old parking spot. 6 cats and 2 large dogs, what creature would wander in our yard????!!!!
DenDonks
New Member!
Male 

01-12-2015, 10:50 AM
I had to reply to this thread, maybe dogs are starting rabbit catching as the fashion of the day, mine did the same a week ago.

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2015, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by DenDonks View Post
I had to reply to this thread, maybe dogs are starting rabbit catching as the fashion of the day, mine did the same a week ago..
I think they have always fancied them, must admit she is doing incredibly well for nearly thirteen. Around here the farmers are always looking for ways to keep them under control.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Casey is looking well there Harvey.
I remember when Ollie found a dead rabbit and we removed it from him. That dog would bring anything home dead rabbits, scarves gloves that had been discarded, balls that were left or flat off the field and once a quilt cover some children had left behind after camping. Once he found his spoils that was it end of walk and he would take himself back across the filed and home.
He is obviously enjoying the free range choices.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Casey is looking well there Harvey.
I remember when Ollie found a dead rabbit and we removed it from him.
I was thinking about getting it off him but bearing mind he's still only been with us 8 months I decided caution was the best policy he's now at his correct weight and the vet said recently that with his heart we should be careful he doesn't put on any more.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >