Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 11:26 AM

What to do with this dog...

there is a neighbour who has a dog, a little yorkshire terrier. im not sure how old it is, but i know its under a year old.

the woman that owns this dog bought it to keep her son occupied for a while i have heard this dog barking solidly for 2 hours, while she shuts it out. she just leaves it there. it was barking at half 6 the other morning for half an hour, until another neighbour yelled out of the window and they brought it in. but another neightbour informed me last night, the dog is left out all night, and doesnt have any shelter. i know they dont have shelter for it, because you can see in their garden on a walk i do with my dogs.

this pup has never been taken out of the house, its never been walked, or met another dog.

this woman before has bought a boxer pup and a labrador and then got rid of them when she decides they are too much.

i dont know what to do because i dont think the RSPCA will do anything. but i feel so sorry for the poor little dog
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 11:37 AM
if you can prove it is kept outside all night and there is no shelter then the RSPCA should be able to do something.

I dont understand why people get dogs if thats the way there going to treat them!

hope you can get this sorted out for the dogs sake.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Jugsmalone View Post
if you can prove it is kept outside all night and there is no shelter then the RSPCA should be able to do something.

I dont understand why people get dogs if thats the way there going to treat them!

hope you can get this sorted out for the dogs sake.
i dont know how i can prove that its kept out all night though?
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 11:47 AM
one way would be to install a camera pointing at the neighbours but that will cost money or alternatively, speak to your other neighbours (the ones who shouted out the window) and see if they will confirm/back you up that the dog is kept out there all night.

I dont have any further suggestions im afraid, but others might.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Fancy leaving it out all night. There might be a hole in the fence. It might get stolen... or something.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 01:14 PM
yeah Nick it !! xx
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Fancy leaving it out all night. There might be a hole in the fence. It might get stolen... or something.
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
yeah Nick it !! xx
i was thinking that, the thing is i honestly dont think they would be fussed if the dog went.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i was thinking that, the thing is i honestly dont think they would be fussed if the dog went.
I would take it at night and arrange for a friend or relative to look after it till I got it a new home.

If they arent fussed it goes, it just shows they dont deserve the dog and its better off without them!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 04:39 PM
yeah ild be stealing that dog
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 05:00 PM
You need to go over and talk to them first...

I know its a different situation, but my neighbour thought I locked Kismet out at night too with no shelter, they didn't know she has a dog door and she can come and go as she pleases and just prefers to sleep outside in the elements! (Its a pretty safe neighbourhood). They also thought I was at work longer than I in fact am. They made assumptions based on their own lifestyles and what they imagined 'someone like me' would do. I dread to think what they might have done if I hadn't gone over to talk to them. They were already calling the dog warden and RSPCA about my terrible ownership. But they didn't know all the facts. I wasn't beating my dog, Selkie cried when she was groomed. I wasn't starving my dog, Pharaoh is a lurcher and supposed to be that skinny. I wasn't locking my dog out all night. Kismet just likes being outside...

Things are not always as they seem.

Try the nicely approach.. go over, ask if they need any help with the dog, if there is anything you could do maybe?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >