Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 08:48 AM

No Heating Again Grrrrrrr

My boiler was serviced 2 weeks ago and it hasn't been right since. Last night it kept cutting off too soon and when I looked instead of a small firm blue flame I had a huge floppy orange flame.
I phoned up the engineers firm and they said not to use it they would get someone out straight away yesterday evening.
Engineer then rang me to say its probably just a bit of dust so just use it as normal and he will come out today at some point. I told him it wouldn't be dust as it had just been serviced, but he said to stop worrying and use it.
Luckily I googled the problem and spoke to some gas engineers online and they said there would not be dust in a sealed unit that had just been serviced and cleaned and it was very dangerous so to switch it off as there was a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
I'm furious just because the engineer couldn't be bothered to come out on a Saturday night he put us in danger. I will be having words with him today and I hope he can fix it as weather mean't to be turning colder again from tomorrow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Oh no Bev.

You are right you need to tell him in no uncertain terms about the dangers.

Good luck with it I hope they get it right this time.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:13 AM
I can't stand poor service. He sounds like one of those dodgy types we see on Watchdog's rouge traders (same type of lies and attitude by the sounds of it). Goodluck with him fixing it and I hope he does get a piece of your mind!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 10:48 AM
My boiler is playing up at the mo too!
Even when the heating/water is switched off, the boiler is still working - but not producing any heating/hot water! Arghhh!
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Sounds like they have not refitted the casing properly(highly dangerous)

Lodge a complaint to Corgi or gas safe
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 12:37 PM
He rang about 15 mins ago and asked if I still needed him to call . Erm yes I am cold and have no heating or hot water. I told him I am not happy as I've been told it was dangerous and yet he told me to leave it on.
He said he would be here within 30 mins.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Has he been yet? x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes he has been and I went into rant mode with him as he started the boiler up, and guess what the damn thing worked perfectly, lovely normal blue firm flame.
So I felt a right idiot as he checked the flue and everything and said there wasn't a problem
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Glad it's working now

Better to be safe, than sorry