Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 09:11 PM

ive been really brave

and for the past year ive been back n forth to the dentist (and i didnt cry ) ive had loads of treatment, including a tooth out last week, (by injection) and today i got a call from my dentist mr mercer. my new teeth are ready and i can have them fitted next wednesday.
so it means i get my smile back for the last couple of weeks ive had no teeth on my left side, so my mouth has been lopsided, and feels weird. but not for much longer.
i had to go to the dental hosp for sedation treatment, i have a severe gag reflex, so its been a big deal for me to get this far.
oh and the reason why i had all these probs was cause of smoking, it left me with a deseased upper jaw bone, so my teeth where falling out, hmmm ciggy companys dont tell u that do they.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Well done Cathy - I'm having extensive work done on my teeth as well, and I used to smoke too. Aren't we proud we've given up eh?
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Well done! I know how nerve wracking denists can be. I cry just going in for a filling!! Im in the middle of treatment at the moment. Im having braces fixed after christmas so that should be interesting.

So Cathy, is it those implants your getting??....

PS I have never smoked, Just have a phobia of needles!!! hense my avoidance of denists!!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post
Well done! I know how nerve wracking denists can be. I cry just going in for a filling!! Im in the middle of treatment at the moment. Im having braces fixed after christmas so that should be interesting.

So Cathy, is it those implants your getting??....

PS I have never smoked, Just have a phobia of needles!!! hense my avoidance of denists!!
no its will be false ones, but from what ive seen they are really good, not like those old lumpy plastic ones they used to have. even had them coulor matched to my remaining teeth
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
oh and the reason why i had all these probs was cause of smoking, it left me with a deseased upper jaw bone, so my teeth where falling out, hmmm ciggy companys dont tell u that do they.
Holy s**t I've never even heard of that, and I spent months after I quit the b*****ds researching smoking related diseases to remind myself I was doing the right thing!

Well done for being so good at the dentists, I'm sure you'll be delighted with the result
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 07:57 PM
So glad you are at last getting your teeth sorted, hope it all goes well for you.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 08:32 PM
ill be walking around smiling at everyone