Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 11:12 PM

I've got vertigo

been having a woozy head for a while now. if i get up quickly or when i lay down. off goes the head. so went to the docs tonight. got some meds hopefully it will help. had it b4. he says if u have had it in the past it will come back. oh goodie
but not a pleasant feeling.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
been having a woozy head for a while now. if i get up quickly or when i lay down. off goes the head. so went to the docs tonight. got some meds hopefully it will help. had it b4. he says if u have had it in the past it will come back. oh goodie
but not a pleasant feeling.
Poor you, have had it once and would like it never again!!
Hope the meds work and you feel better soon xx
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Oh I know how you feel!! I had it twice so far and it's horrible!!! The medication didn't really help me and it lasted 6 weeks first time and 3 weeks second time! It actually made me fall over a couple of times.
Be careful if you're driving. I had to stop for a few days because when I turned my head too quick I started spinning!!
Hope it goes soon. Good luck with the meds xx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2010, 01:33 AM
I sympathise.

I had problems for a few years - serious wobbles perhaps 4 or 5 days a month for a couple of years. The best way to describe it - it was like walking whilst on a ship or a ferry in rough seas.

I had numerous nuero tests, mri scans etc etc and they never really figured out what the cause was.

Labyrinthitis was suggested - has this been mentioned to you ?

I went for a thing called a Vestibular test. It doesn't help id the problem but it does allow the docs to measure how bad your balance / coordination is although it made me very sick.

Hope the medication helps as it's really not nice.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:25 AM
I have a mild form. Can't stand on anything a few feet above the ground without feeling woozy. Its not nice. You have my sympathy - hope it passes quickly.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:27 AM
That sounds horrible...I hope the meds work and you start to get back to normal very soon xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Hope you feel better soon. Gorden has suffered with this and it puts him too bed with the curtains drawn.

I have been having a woozy head for a couple of days and its not nice so I sympathize with you.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Oh yuck you have my full sympathy I have had it before where I had to crawl as it was the only way I could get around where I didnt fall over. Have had it periodically since then.
Hope the meds help.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:30 PM
the meds made me want to sleep. which i have done this afternoon.i had it about 20 odd yrs ago. and i felt like i was falling off the floor. was really horrible. the doc said if u had it b4 thers a chance it will come back. great.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
the meds made me want to sleep. which i have done this afternoon.i had it about 20 odd yrs ago. and i felt like i was falling off the floor. was really horrible. the doc said if u had it b4 thers a chance it will come back. great.
I dont know what meds you are on but I was given one to stop the nausea and help me sleep, apparently there is nothing else you can do unless you find a reason for them.
BTW I thought we were trying to make you feel better but now you say we could get it again such a horrid feeling, it took me 3 goes at getting to the hospital the first time I had it and we were lucky to live 2 mins drive away.
I found laying at 45 degree angle was the best as you werent flat and it wasnt as bad when you had to get up.
Hope it clears up soon