Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
project
New Member!

20-08-2005, 12:36 PM

fecal matter

hi boys and gals,

got a wierd issue with my new puppy. as she is toilet training i have found that sometimes when she poo's in the house she decides to eat it, as if to cover it up.

ie:- poo in house = bad = rather than go outside eat it.

no problems letting her out because she waits till morning to go outside for a wee just every now and then she poo's in the house.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Hi Project this is quite a normal thing for puppies /dogs to do and not at all weird although it may be abhorrent to us. Have you ever scolded the puppy when it soils in the house, scolding can prompt this behavior..it is best to put the pup outside if it has an accident then clean up without looking at or speaking to it and wash the spot with biological washing powder to deter the puppy from using the same spot again

Always clean up outside when the puppy soils to to prevent the behaviour being repeated.., puppies usually grow out of doing this kind of thing but if not there are things you can add to the food both as a deterrent and to compensate for a lack of minerals in the diet which some think may be one cause.

To Deter put in the food..
'Deter' from the pet shop,
chopped Pineapple
Supplement ..
'Keepers mix', from 'Dorwest herbs' site on the net.
project
New Member!

21-08-2005, 04:56 PM
thanks for the advice.
i think its because my girlfriends family do things differently ie teling her off so im trying to work around them.

im trying to focus on the rewards side and ignoring the mistakes.
cheers
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 05:42 PM
My stepmother is still trying to get her 'puppy' (age 7 ) out of this habit! Having said that, most do grow out of it, it seems 'normal' for puppies!
Rhianna
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi Project.
My sister had a golden retriver who did this and the vet said she was lacking ina vitiman ? and told her to feed Casy carrots?
Dont remeber if it worked.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Puppies see there dam do this after the puppies so they learn in the nest, more common in bitches but it should be discouraged and no one wants a poo eater.