Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 03:50 PM

How much do your dogs play together?

Biff and Mo didn't really play together much...it was like Einstein living with the village idiot. They both played with the pups at points and overlapping pups played lots together.

Cosmo and Tango take it into another dimension. They are playing more and more, especially since we lost Biff. I think they must spend 75% of their awake time playing together now...infact if one is asleep they wake the other to start a game up again I love it...but it can be exhausting to watch.
They don't play on free runs as Cosmo is only interested in his ball.

How much do other multi dog households play?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Hoki & Stumpy never ever play together. Ocassionally (particularly it seems when they have just come out of the river!) Stumpy will try to instigate play, but Hoki is never interested.

Stumpy and Tip would probably play for a couple of hours a day if it wasn't for Hoki. Unfortunatly Hhoki is not at all happy when they start to play (I don't think she understands what they are doing) and she will always take it out on Stumpy...so now Stumpy and Tip hardly play
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Hoki & Stumpy never ever play together. Ocassionally (particularly it seems when they have just come out of the river!) Stumpy will try to instigate play, but Hoki is never interested.

Stumpy and Tip would probably play for a couple of hours a day if it wasn't for Hoki. Unfortunatly Hhoki is not at all happy when they start to play (I don't think she understands what they are doing) and she will always take it out on Stumpy...so now Stumpy and Tip hardly play
Awww Hali bless them!
Biff and MO just didn't play...I don't think Mo liked Biff very much. Mo did play with the pups as did Biff.

Cosmo and Tango are just taking it to a silly level lately!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Mine play together quite a lot, they play at home and when they are out, but they are all relatively young and close in age. Not all of their play is highly active some of it is just face chewing and rolling around on the floor.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Bryan and Tilly play all the time. They wrestle with each other and take turns at who wins. Tilly makes the best noises when she is wrestling with Bryan. I think I've got a vid somewhere.

They always play for at least 30 mins when we get back from a walk - no matter how long we've been out.

Out of all the dogs I've had, Bryan plays with Tilly the most. The others he's just ignored really.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Mine play together quite a lot, they play at home and when they are out, but they are all relatively young and close in age. Not all of their play is highly active some of it is just face chewing and rolling around on the floor.
Same here...lots of pawing and licking of faces and rolling onto backs
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Bryan and Tilly play all the time. They wrestle with each other and take turns at who wins. Tilly makes the best noises when she is wrestling with Bryan. I think I've got a vid somewhere.

They always play for at least 30 mins when we get back from a walk - no matter how long we've been out.

Out of all the dogs I've had, Bryan plays with Tilly the most. The others he's just ignored really.
Awwwwwwww...they sound a perfect match, the two of them.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Max and Murphy play all the time. Play is instigated by either of them...

Instigating play usually involves 1 or more of the following:
  • Biting back legs out from underneath
  • Taking a flying leap at the other dog
  • Headbutting the other dog
  • Trying to bite the other dogs face/ears/neck
  • Standing on back legs and smashing front paws into the other dog

Their favourite games involve bitey-face, rugby tackling the other, high speed chase followed by massive wrestling matches... and this can happen all day long if necessary!
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2009, 04:31 PM
My pair play together all day ... have done from the first second they met , but they are both very young , Toffs 18 months old and Gypsys coming up to a year old
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Max and Murphy play all the time. Play is instigated by either of them...

Instigating play usually involves 1 or more of the following:
  • Biting back legs out from underneath
  • Taking a flying leap at the other dog
  • Headbutting the other dog
  • Trying to bite the other dogs face/ears/neck
  • Standing on back legs and smashing front paws into the other dog

Their favourite games involve bitey-face, rugby tackling the other, high speed chase followed by massive wrestling matches... and this can happen all day long if necessary!
OMG Boxers are so like short haired Flat Coats without pointy faces... It sounds liek my house!
Cosmo is also very good at hitting Tango round the ehad with his paw when she is sleeping! Just to wake her up!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >