Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2014, 07:38 PM

The OH's annoying habits.

Is there anything about your partner that's annoying?
My permanent peeve is when I'm on the phone to my Mother who is deaf and no hearing aids are good enough (so enough of a challenge to be understood) he insists on trying to interrupt with "where's this/that etc", god it drives me up the bloody wall! It happened this evening and I'm now in the red zone!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 07:48 PM
I can't think of anything really as I haven't clapped eyes on him for over a decade lol! Well apart from he probably is still breathing.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 07:56 PM
My partner does that too.....but gets really annoyed if I do it back to him.��

Much as I love him, if I started there would be a massive long list of things that annoy me. Even his mum says that he would love to have a butler to follow him round tidying up after him and finishing off any half done jobs he abandons....or tidying up once he's done a tiny bit of, very infrequent, DIY. tools get abandoned where they are once they are no longer needed.....and they stay there until I move them.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Nope, nothing annoying at all.. Still madly in love and he never ever annoys me. Not even when he asks me 10 times a day where his wallet, phone or keys are

Got a remedy for that though: Every time he asks me, he's got to put a pound into a jar designated for this. Earns me a nice pocket money!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 08:19 PM
After nearly 46 years there is very little that's really annoying.

I'm probably the annoying one
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 08:21 PM
After 33 years of marriage, yes, I could say there are a few things which I find irritating, but the one that gets up my nose most is, the way he sits in his chair in the mornings, crunching away on his bitesize shredded wheat (that's annoying in itself lol), but he does that thing with his leg, where it jiggers, with his foot resting on his toes?

I've seen it so many times on Jeremy Kyle, most of them sit there with one leg doing this so they're either guilty or nervous, but since Dave is neither, why oh why does he have to do it Sooooo much energy involved with it too, why would you want to do that with your leg It's probably stress related, so I should feel sorry for him, and that's probably the only reason I haven't said something along the lines of "for Christ's sake will you stop girating that bluddy leg"!!!! I probably have said something in the past cos I'm like that, but still it goes on.

Is this grounds for divorce I wonder???

Good job he can't get involved with this thread, cos I'm sure he'd have a few little niggles about me, but then I don't annoy myself lol!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Nope, nothing annoying at all.. Still madly in love and he never ever annoys me. Not even when he asks me 10 times a day where his wallet, phone or keys are

Got a remedy for that though: Every time he asks me, he's got to put a pound into a jar designated for this. Earns me a nice pocket money!
What a BRILLIANT idea!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Where would you like me to start lol no after all these years I've got used to them only a couple that irritate still
Leaving the loo seat up
Leaving his dirty coffee mug in the sink rather than stick it in the dishwasher I mean it doesn't take rocket science to open it or does it lol
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 08:49 PM
My hubby isn't here long enough to annoy me I only see him two days a week
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
After 33 years of marriage, yes, I could say there are a few things which I find irritating, but the one that gets up my nose most is, the way he sits in his chair in the mornings, crunching away on his bitesize shredded wheat (that's annoying in itself lol), but he does that thing with his leg, where it jiggers, with his foot resting on his toes?

I've seen it so many times on Jeremy Kyle, most of them sit there with one leg doing this so they're either guilty or nervous, but since Dave is neither, why oh why does he have to do it Sooooo much energy involved with it too, why would you want to do that with your leg It's probably stress related, so I should feel sorry for him, and that's probably the only reason I haven't said something along the lines of "for Christ's sake will you stop girating that bluddy leg"!!!! I probably have said something in the past cos I'm like that, but still it goes on.

Is this grounds for divorce I wonder???

Good job he can't get involved with this thread, cos I'm sure he'd have a few little niggles about me, but then I don't annoy myself lol!
Yes it's all legitimate grounds for divorce and they're lucky you don't murder them coz you'd probably get off on a plea of extreme aggravation.

The foot jiggling thing. To that I used to say YOUR ENGINE'S RUNNING! lol! Drives me nuts.

But you will know, once you've 'gone off' someone - even the way they 'enter the room' can irritate you!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >