Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chugger
New Member!
Female 

07-12-2006, 02:32 PM

chronic allergic bronchitis

Meeko has chronic allergic bronchitis. She is on predinisone which I know has side effects, but lately she is still coughing a little even ON the pred. Does anyone out there have a dog with these condition. I am still in the process of figuring out what dosage works for her. The vet wanted her to try to get on one "5" every other day, but she coughed. We put her back on every day and she still coughs a little. I'm wondering if I am expecting too much to expect no coughing at all. The vet is very "fuzzy" when I ask this question. Every time she coughs I worry myself sick. Please help -- does anyone's dog have this condition?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi Chugger sorry to hear your dog is not well.
I can't really help a lot i'm afraid , the vet is the person to ask about dosage, I would think it will be specific to your dog according to its size. .

Coughing is not always bad, it does help to keep the lungs clear by preventing the accumulation of fluid. Have you managed to find out the source of the allergy?

I hope your dog improves soon....
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 03:36 PM
http://www.dorwest.com/herbal_medicines.htm Here is a link for herbal meds, garlic tablets and garlic and fenugreek are for coughs and bronchial things, hope it helps.