Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
shining here! Helena do you ever get 'lost' in the woods? I used to sometimes, walking in the woods above the River Lemon in Devon and sometimes get quite panicky lol!

I've also lost my bearings on Dartmoor (which is a pretty stupid thing to do) and I even get a bit lost in the huge Aliki Park above the salt lake here - there are so many paths all leading down to the lake but all leading to different places coming out of it. Doesn't really matter coz I know where the sea is so can get home but it's finding where I've left the car that is sometimes a prob!
Not in these woods across the road I don't because there are big fields in the middle, so whatever path you have taken you will usually come out in one of the big fields and then you'd go into the woods again on the other side to find your way home. When we first walked in them when we moved, it was a bit daunting, as we didn't have a clue, but I have a very good sense of direction (unlike Dave) and that's stemmed from my horsey days when we'd go off riding somewhere different, never knowing how we'd always get back, so that's all helped with this dog walking I suppose.

I am fearful of the forest where the caravans are, even though it's a lot smaller than these woodlands over the road, because the trees are much denser, sometimes you end up in just a thicket of huge fir trees making it very dark, and you'd have trouble finding your way out of some of it. Somebody got lost in there for 2 hours only the other week I used to pin things to trees when I took Zena in there on my own so that I'd know the way back, but then I was a girl guide

I would panic like mad if I got really lost in woodland though. We once got lost on the horses when we were doing a 15 mile sponsored ride, cos we were going so darn fast, we missed a sharp left turning, that was quite scarey cos we were in a strange county, had never ridden there before, but I never worry when I'm with somebody, I like a bit of back up when going somewhere strange, that's why I usually take Dave with me before I venture off to somewhere new, and take the opposite paths to the ones he's suggested

Lunch was delicious, roast beef and all the trimmings, Zena enjoyed hers with her favourite veggies, and now she's zonked out.

I had a play with the pressure washer today, with Dave giving me instructions, and that will be my mission this week to get all this walling and paving cleaned up out the back. I only did one step and a little bit of wall and wow, the difference, it's come up like new If he wasn't here, I'd have carried on with it all day long, it's very addictive, but I had lunch to think about, so he put it away cos he know what I'm like. Looking forward to tomorrow now when I can get my hands on it again. These walls out the back are that narrow sandstone brick, and it really looks lovely when nice and clean, especially all these steps.

The woman who wanted 2 weeks in August hasn't come back to me I can't do one of her weeks cos both vans are booked, so I was trying to persuade her to change the dates or take just the one week, but maybe she will have to ask her works before getting back to me on it, hope so cos I want her booking.

Off for a bit of tv now, then a little nanny nap cos I missed out on that yesterday.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Had a lovely walk with the other greyhounds and owners this morning and have been to PAH for Lily's food and Tesco for ours.

Ash is leaving this evening Lynn and I am going to cook us all a roast dinner before he goes.

Got to go and pick the elderly lady up soon and bring her round for a little while.

Suffolk is a very cheap place to buy Lynn and has some fabulous houses and one of the lowest crime rates in England. Its very nice there indeed and a county I would choose to definetly buy in if I was in the position to.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Afternoon all
Back in just having walked the muppetsfeet up and a huge mug of coffee ,I'm creamcrackerd
Thankfully don't have to look at another sheet ,towel and all the other gubbins that go into the laundry at work till tomorrow felt like a blooming marathon today still I suppose it's bums in beds
Had a supper evening yesterday dog sitting a georgous Bichon Frise ,it was lovely having a bundle of fluff on ones knee instead of a great big galumpher
Hope everyone's enjoying their Sunday
Love the pics sunsets n statues
Take care all stay safe and all poorly get better soon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Afternoon Norma. Glad you enjoyed the dog sitting last night.
I bet it was a bit different having a Bichon Frise on your lap.

Enjoy the coffee and feet up time.

Bev I have already bookmarked a few properties. They will most probably be gone when we are ready to move but you never know.
Enjoy your dinner with Ash.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I got my blood tests results back Friday and apparently I'm normal (who would have believed it), so no action taken,
Good news H, mine came back 'normal' as well.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
The couple who had been noseying around didn't go back and ring the agent and there was time too to arrange a viewing for Monday so they probably didn't like it for whatever reason.
Although it probably doesn't feel like it to you Lynn I still think it's early days, people like to take their time with house buying, as Helena said they might look at four or five more and then come back to you.

Not able to log in here so much recently but still thinking of you and willing some buyer to come knocking on your door.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 02:53 PM
We had a lovely walk. Was out for 5 hours. I did half of the loop, sat down for a butty & drink & then walked round a big Dam before walking along another path that was strewn with wild garlic. The smell was overpowering, lovely though. Got to the main road & got the bus most of the way home - there are very few on a Sunday so just had to get the nearest one. We walked abt 6 miles. Taff is now flaked out & fast asleep.
Daughter did her 5k run (walk) in 49 mins. She ran about half of it. She said she's got the bug now. London Marathon next stop.
The weather was just nice for walking as well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Back from training now and am sat down with a bacon and egg barm and cup of tea.
First time in the Bronze class for Keshi and I have had a lot of positive comments about her and her calm attitude.
I did take a tuggy in with me so's she had something to do when we were waiting for other people to do their stuff, otherwise she is a little minx and starts play bowing to the dog next to her, digging in the field and generally being a pain, but she is only 6 months old so I don't expect her to behave like an adult. Even then she was tossing the tuggy about and and jumping on it
Dug up more dandelions from the grass today, I had half an hour before going to training, then after giving Keshi lunch and then handing out bones, going for milk etc. I had another half hour of the dandelion digging, and I think I now have more grass than dandelions, it was beginning to be more dandelion than grass!!
Keep forgetting to say well done on your positive blood tests Helena, I thought 6.8 was a good score actually, no idea what mine is, I avoid having it done like the plague.
All that stress and you are still getting a clean bill of health!!!
Harvey glad to hear you got the all clear as well.
Been a nice afternoon hasn't it TM? No sun but quite mild and pleasant, I used to love going off on my treks with the girls and am looking forward to Keshi growing up then I can get off with them again, although not that sure about taking all 4, then again I certainly won't be wanting to come back from a trek and having 2 still wanting a walk!!!
Lynn, I have everything crossed for Good News for you this week, and nice to hear you already have a Plan (or 3?) in place.
Norma you are a Laundry Queen, those rotary ironers must be a real Godsend though, imagine having to stand at an ironing board and do it all.
There was a Bichon Frise started in the puppy class today, it is quite big, so don't think it is a baby, it is well cute though.
Have a nice meal Bev, and I'm sure now Ash has been over the minute he could that it has made Charly feel a bit better.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Afternoon all,

Well I managed to get another two hatches creosoted but to do that I had to go and buy some trellis from the garden centre to temporarily put in front of them until the oil has all soaked in. It has been a beautiful sunny day here and I've had a really productive day so am feeling very righteous Plan to go and sit in the garden with a book (and the dogs) for half an hour and relax before OH returns.

Helena - Delighted your bloods are good A new pressure washer is on our list as this is the first year that I haven't done the front and back steps or the river frontage. Be warned though, it is a killer on your back - it's that side to side motion which gets my back and as you say it is so addictive - so be very careful. There was no mention on your website about the woods being scary and easy to get lost in I'll have to remember to take lots of balls of of wool and supplies for a few days.

Jenny - I do hope your lunch has gone well and you find your son in better spirits.

Taffsmum - I hope you had a lovely walk and managed to complete the loop this time.

Lynn - The image of you being dragged along by Dillon after a cat and a squirrel did make me laugh It's good to have a plan regarding selling and house hunting.

L.S. - I love the smell of Lilac and my parents have it all along the front of their house - white and purple It is slow growing and you can trim them easily in autumn to keep it the size you want.

Lore - What a shame about your uncle .... no none of us are getting younger

Kazz - Goodness what a busy week ahead you have. I hope you manage to get it all done and that your Mum enjoys her well earned break.

Bev - I am pleased you enjoyed your 'greys' walk - it must be a sight to behold Enjoy your roast tonight and good luck to Charly for the rest of her exams.

Norma - I hope you can enjoy a relaxing evening after all of your chores

Harvey - Good news on your bloods as well. Are you home yet or still on your travels?

See you all later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Hi June - you snuck in while I was typing. Your description of Keshi play-bowing and throwing her tuggie around made me laugh - what a character she is. Well done with the dandelions - our grass is mainly moss but it's green so I really don't care and have no desire to treat it as I'd have to keep the dogs of it for ages - so that will have to wait possibly another 13 years or so Enjoy the rest of your day.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >