Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2006, 08:43 PM

Aches and pains

In need of a bit of sympathy!

My hands have been aching a bit on and off for the past month or so, in the knuckle joints and finger joints mainly. Last week I started getting cramp, pins and needles, aches and some pains in my right foot, both when walking and at rest and a couple of days ago a little bit of the same in my right foot.

Am I falling apart?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Sorry to say Trish, but the hands sounds like arthritis to me. It's no respector of age, unfortunately. You could try taking cod liver oil caps (1000mg) which help me. Hugs hon
xx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2006, 08:48 PM
aww bless you trish i cant offer any advice on anything to take but big gentle hugs coming your way from me and the boys
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Sorry to say Trish, but the hands sounds like arthritis to me. It's no respector of age, unfortunately. You could try taking cod liver oil caps (1000mg) which help me. Hugs hon
xx
I have been taking cod liver oil capsules for some time now, ankles stared feeling stiff first thing in the morning but since taking it every day they are fine. I have wondered about arthritis in my hands to be honest, it's the feet that baffle me!

Thankyou Vicki.xx
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 11:47 AM
I have just rung the doctors, have an appointment for this Friday morning.

Hopefully it is nothing, but better to be checked than not.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 04:52 PM
My hands have been that way for some time as well, plus an ankle I tore the ligaments in some time ago. My mum would say it's 'old age and dry rot' LOL. I'm not ready to believe that yet as I'm sure you're not LOL
Seriously though, good luck at the doctor
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 05:13 PM
My sympathies to you, I have very similar pains and sometimes just don't know where to put myself to stop it hurting. Just waiting to see the Pain Management team, I am hoping they can help me.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Aren't aches and pain awful. Just had spaghetti bolognese and oh boy did twirling my spaghetti make my hand ache! Easing now thank goodness.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Aren't aches and pain awful. Just had spaghetti bolognese and oh boy did twirling my spaghetti make my hand ache! Easing now thank goodness.

I know, awful isn't it. I used to do cross stitch which I loved, but now I can't hold the needle for more than half a dozen stitches. And it hurts to hold a newspaper would you believe. I hope you get sorted out, there is nothing worse than pain to get you down.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Try not to worry it may be nothing I have had a sore knuckle for a while now, I thought it was the onset of Arthritis .. the GP said tendonitis but sent me for blood test to be certain .. blood test all OK.. so now had Xrays to try to work out what the prob is... It is constantly painful and as Nova says can really get in the way of the things you enjoy.. but you never know it may be perfectly "treatable"

RAchel
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >