Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2015, 11:35 AM

Snoring!!!!!

I am SO tired....

My other half keeps waking me up numerous times every night!!!

I need a good nights sleep!

What can I do?????

Any great anti snoring advice for ME?

Apparently 'I' snore like a pig

I snore - it wakes him up - he nudges me - I wake up with a start - he goes back to sleep - i try to stay awake and not snore

Its a vicious circle! I've tried nose strips which helped but then i started to pull them off in my sleep

Curiously he doesnt hear the boy get up and wander round and me get up go downstairs let him out come back upstairs go 'busys' myself then get back into bed? Go figure!

Off to Boots at lunch in search of 'remedies'!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2015, 11:53 AM
There is a ring in boots,snorer wears it on their pinkie in bed.Did get good reviews,being advertised on tv at the mo.Ask about that when you're in maybe...I feel for you....Good luck xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2015, 12:23 PM
There is also a device that you can fit in your mouth, like a gum shield. Don't know how it works though

(Hahaha sorry your post did make me laugh!!!)
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-01-2015, 12:28 PM
This is supposed to work.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...931241756.html
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2015, 01:56 PM
thanks guys! I shall see what Boots has to offer! That looks like a good piece of kit Malka hopefully they will have something similar (althuogh I think the nose strips do the same thing

The gum shield thing holds your tongue down i believe but it depends on what type of snorer you are, think I am nose one.

Right off to the shops with pride in one hand LOL!
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Buy yourself a Shar-Pei and then hubby won't know whether its you or the dog that's doing the snoring!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2015, 03:19 PM
LOL! My dober does a sterling job. It was v funny he was fast aslepp the other evening snoring his head of and the boyf said 'between the 2 of you i am truly blessed'
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2015, 03:29 PM
My father used to snore badly. He'd keep my mother awake and she'd always be tired. Snoring can be a sign of many health problems, some of which are serious. My father was diagnosed with moderate to severe sleep apnea caused by nasal adenoids.

When he had them removed his snoring stopped entirely. My cousin Randy has severe sleep apnea (he is 5'6" and 400 lbs, morbidly obese) and must use a C-Pap machine while sleeping as sleep apnea is a lot more dangerous than people think.

BEWARE of shortness of breath while snoring, extremely loud snoring that reverberates through the person beside the snorer or goes through the walls, or gasping noises, none of this is normal. If your husband (or boyfriend) doesn't do a really tough job like construction where one would be overly weary and thus sleep WAY deeper, I'd be even more concerned.

In the meantime, though it's dangerous to some degree, you can use some earplugs to block some of the noise, or tell him to try out a breathe right for size. I have heard those bitey things do not work at all, but perhaps it is worth a try.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Well any news? Did you get anything?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2015, 08:54 PM
i don't wish to be rude but are you overweight at all? as sleep apnoea can occur in heavier people, my mum has it and she stops breathing a lot..... this can bring on the risk of a stroke heart attack et, she has a machine now an we never hear her anymore and also she feels a lot better as she is getting good quality sleep
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >