Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 08:23 AM

Any Bird People?! Lost a Lovebird!!

Well... I think im going to give up with birds! Im having NO luck at the moment!!! I know theres a few people who keep birds on here so thought id let you all know and ask for help!!!!

As some of you might know, i had a pair of lovebirds that i got a few weeks ago.. Well, something very strange happened last night because this morning i went in to give them food, water etc and one was gone The cage had been shut all night, i dont know where she's gone! The onlyy place i can think of her getting out of is by the food bowls as there's a very small gap next to them, but its no more than a couple of centimeters and i wouldn't have thought any bird could have squeezed through it, and she was fairly big!! I really dont understand it

I've searched the entire house and outside, but as the windows were open im assuming she's gone. There's no sign of her

So the problem i now have is that i have a very lonely looking male who calling for his mate. What do i do? Can i just buy another bird to pair him up with? He's only a few months old so its not like they'd been together years so i thought it might be ok.. But then i have the problem of never having seen these particular lovebirds before! They're dutch blue i think. we usually just get the normal peach faced ones here!

What should i do?!!!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Oh Jessica

I'm so sorry, you seem to have a lot of bad luck lately

I have no advice, as I know nothing about birds...

I'm sure Jax will soon turn up, and she may have an answer

Hugs J
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Yes... i dont seem to be doing too well with my birds at the moment. Its getting ridiculous now!!!! I dont understand how its possible to lose a bird from a locked cage.. Only i could manage that!! The poor little boy is calling for her but she doesn't seem to be anywhere around.. Im wondering if maybe something got her as i wouldn't have thought she'd go too far from the male... Poor little birdie!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 09:12 AM
hiya jess

oh no poor you

i ain,t got a clue how the bird could have got out the cage
maybe if you keep checking the garden,she may be out there somewhere
normally they don,t fly too far,have you asked your neighbours?
the best thing is to put the male in the garden in the cage
if the female is local she will hear the male and return to the cage

i,m so sorry to hear you are having such bad luck
i really hope she turns up for you

jackie
xxx
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks Jackie,

Have put him outside and he is calling so hopefully she'll turn up Then i have the problem of catching her if she does appear could be interesting! It will be good to know she's alive at least though!!
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 09:22 AM
we used to have a biy budgie who was always getting out we ended up giving him a friend with an aviaery , our male ringneck lost his mate . and we had to buy him another female because he srtrted plucking out his feathers through pineing .. my advice gat another one if you think she is gone , put a add in the local paper someone may find her and return her but i wouldnt leave it too long
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 09:22 AM
jess i think if she turns up she will be glad to be home so will let you catch her

have a teatowel or small towel near to the cage incase she doe,s turn up

a few years ago my eldest(she was only 4 at the time)opened the cage 2 our 3 cockatiels,2 flew off and one stayed
i put the remaining one in the garden and within 6 hours they were both back on top of the cage and quite relieved to be caught

so don,t give up hope jess,i,m sure she will come home

{{{hugs}}}
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 09:30 AM
Well, the male is jumping all over the cage and shouting as loud as he can. It could just be because hes stressed cos he's on his own and doesn't know where he is, but im hoping its maybe because she's nearby!

I will get another one if she doesn't return in a couple of days. I'll have to put an add somewhere though i think as im fairly sure i wont find another in the shops and i'd rather have the same colour!

I have a tea towel to catch her with So im hoping i'll get her back! The only thing im worried about is that she may have disappeared hours ago.. I really hope something hasn't got her. There's loads of cats and foxes around here though, as well as some pretty big birds!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 09:33 AM
jess she is only small and fast so hopefully she,ll be okay among the wild birds out there
hopefully the male calling is a good sign
i really hope she comes back for you and the male

will pm you a bird site where you may find another one if she don,t return

jackie
xx
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Thank you Jackie

I'll let you know what happens!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >