View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 06:18 AM
Thanks for all your replies. IŽm glad you werent to upset about the pics.
Will just add that the mice its eating wasnt alive when it had it.

SB: Thats what we thought at first too. When my bf first saw it, he left it alone to see if it would escape. A couple of hours later when I got home, it still just sat there and that was when we catched it.
We checked wings, feet, etc to see if it had visable damage and called the wild life station about what to do.
Last year we lost one of the falcons. Prob to the fox but we dont know for sure.
A man from the wild life station came out, marked it (see the ring around its leg?), weighed and messeared it and said it might just havd left the nest too soon.

Tbh we dont know excatly why it just sat there without escaping. We just knew if it didnt move before nighttime it would prob end up the same way as the one last year

So weŽre taking a chance here. Trying to give it some time and hoping it will be able to fly when we release it. But we really dont know
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2005, 06:48 AM
wow amts good luck
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 08:09 AM
well amts you are doing all you can and you cant do more than that! it looks very fit and healty from the pics so i think it should be fine by the time it is realeased. Good luck and keep us updated
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Thank you Fred

Thank you Zoe

I will keep you updated (those of you who arent spooked by it lol)
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

05-07-2005, 11:38 AM
wow amts what a beautiful bird - what a great thing you're doing for it - hope all goes well on Saturday for the bird

I would be wanting to watch it all day they are so beautiful
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Ok. Hopefully the final update (some of you must be relieved now ) on the falcon who so careless choose to land in my garden.

Today was the day where it was supposed to have its freedom back.
I haven't been able to sleep much, kept thinking "what if..."

But got up early, was happy about another sunny day, talked about how to do this the best possible way and calmed the nerves with plenty of fags and a chocolate milk

We decided not to feed it today, as we hoped it then would be more eager to get on its wings and find something by itself.
We took the rabbits outdoors cage out on the lawn, shut the doors so neither cat or dog would get a feast, and placed the falcon in the cage with top off.

It took a while for it to get the courage to get out of the house and into the sun, but eventually it got there
But after that it seems fearless and even thought it would give the wood we placed in there to help it take off a try

Before we could count to ten, off it went and i now kick myself for not taking a video instead off a pic of the little fellow taking off

It aimed for this tree and if you look carefully at pic nr. 2 youŽll see it sit hiding in the branches

It looks like its gonna make it. After this it took off across the fields where I couldnt take a shot (with them cam I might add).
Our guy has gotten a ring around its leg but at a distances its hard to tell.

IŽve been watching them for the last couple of hours and they circle around the house and fields making a lot of noise.
IŽll be looking out for it and hopefully some day reconignize it again.

This year we have 7 baby falcons. Not seen in 30 years but weŽll keep an eye out for our little falcon. It has been an experience IŽll never get again, but IŽve loved every minute of it.

Bye bye little falcon - hope you make it
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Wow AM brill news you have done and excellent job!!you deserve a big pat on the back and should be very proud of yourself! (dont reply back saying well actually its the falcon that got its self back to full health i know what your like )
The bird looks stunning and very fit! good idea how you realised it to! letting it go in its own time, and a nice hot day to realease it on what a great ending! :smt023
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Oh thats brilliant Amts, what a lovely story , well done you, very fulfilling to see it fly off and know that you made the difference
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Well done amts I have enjoyed every minute of reading about your falcon and am overjoyed at the release which went according to plan. Wonderful news, no doubt it will stay in your area and come back to visit you on occasions, really great news amts. Will you be putting a piece of meat out in the tree like our wildlife birdman suggested to me with mine? It would be so nice if they all stuck around and had their babies in your close vicinity.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 10:13 AM
That's amazing amts - thank you for sharing.
x
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >