View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bonfield123
New Member!
Female 

21-12-2009, 01:47 PM

What clipper blades should i use on a airdale terrier please?

Im going to buy a pair of Andis 2 speed clippers.Can anybody tell me which blades i need to buy for clipping an airdale terrier.Any other advice on clipping an airdale would be appreciated.We do not show her it is just to keep her tidy thanks very much
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:11 PM
No 7 with the lay of the hair on the Jacket. Against the lay of the hair on the head, shoulders and bottom.

Or you could use no 10 for head shoulders and bottom if you find that easier. Most clippers come with no 10 blade anyway.

make sure you rake out the coat before you clip and run through with a stripping knife after and it will help keep some of the texture
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:18 PM
This might help scrol down for clipping. this site also recommends a no 30 but I would have thought that would be very close, bald almost.

http://wharfeaire.tripod.com/groomingpage.html

http://www.lorenewhunt.com/pdfs/grooming%20brochure.pdf
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-12-2009, 07:16 PM
I use a 7F on the body, 10 on the skull and cheeks and under the tail and in groin area. You can do the ears with a 10 or 15 depending on the thickness of the coat,but always brush and comb through the coat before you start clipping.You can also go down the throat with a 10 or use 7F in reverse,but that can give a very tight cut.Good luck.
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2009, 04:54 PM
I clip my oldie and use a 7F for his black saddle and at 45 degrees on his thighs, and a 5F on head, sides of face, neck, rear as I like his coat slightly longer/more textured. Just make sure you don't leave them with pantaloons on the thighs as that is my pet hate with Airedale clips! I scissor his front legs/lower back legs and use a 15 on his ears.

Pic of him freshly clipped but with his back legs not yet blended. Ignore his crazy ears that flips up when it's just been groomed as there's no hair to weigh it down!