Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2018, 05:59 AM

Dogsey Daily Tuesday 12th June 2018

Morning everyone. Just a quickie for Moyra, have you looked on Money Supermarket for Car Insurance? I have because mine is due soon and I can save a lot with Onecall. Worth looking at. Have a good day everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2018, 07:33 AM
Morning Brenda and everyone who follows.
Got my hair cut today...I think I just need the fringe doing but Ellie will tell me what's best
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2018, 07:47 AM
Good morning.

Good luck Kelly. Going to the hairdressers is akin to going to the dentist for me .

Looks misty, windy and cool out there, but we'll brave it
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2018, 08:24 AM
Good morning everyone and thank you Brenda for opening up. I'm in a bad way at the moment so scared to sneeze even!

Oh this gastrografin is vile. I tried it with Ribena yesterday as they recommended it. However, I ended up with gout again but I am not sure whether it is the gastrografin or the blackcurrant so I have left the blackcurrant off today but of course it makes it even more ghastly.

I hope everyone and their four legged friends are in fine fettle.

Amber has had a funny tummy. I guess it's the heat. Still it is cooler today so hopefully she will be better. Now off to do my egg for breakfast.

Brenda I did Go compare for insurance but will give Money Supermarket a look. Thanks.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2018, 08:45 AM
Morning all.

Sorry you are a bit under the weather Moyra....seems one step forward two back

I agree with the suggestion to try Money Supermarket. My insuance is up on the 15h of this month am with Hastings direct their quote to me is £45 more than the quote online I get from them. Going to make it a mission to renew my car insurance today, not the most interesting of things so I get sidetracked....LOL

Gerty's food being delivered today just got a text to say between 11.06 and 12.06. Very overcast here but dry. Got to tidy the front garden, have a tree that is starting to overhang my front garden its on the public walkway, but council seem oblivious to cutting back so off out with my loppers. I need to get my haircut as well.

Losos Hope all goes as you wish at the vets. Thinking of you
Lynn Well done for carrying on for yourselves and no trying to bend over to please your neighbours.

Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Kazz, don't take the loppers to your hair!!! We have a lot of issues here with trees overhanging the pavement... usually conifers and most of the time it is homeowners allowing them to get out of control...one was so bad we all had to walk in the road!
Hairdresser called appointment now changed to 1.30. got up early as Steve had a meeting at work and we were meeting up afterwards.. luckily he read the letter before he left, it's tomorrow lol..so we will meet then so now at a loose end until it's time to go
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-06-2018, 02:20 PM
Afternoon brenda, griff, Moyra, Chris, Kazz and all to follow.

Moyra hope the car is finished as planned and that you can find more competitive insurance. Also hope you're feeling better to.
griff hope the haircut goes well, Kazz hope Gerty's food is delivered as it should of been.
Chris hope you are continuing to feel well.

Walked Dillon then went shopping after having some breakfast. Lidl had some great deals on especially their Italian promotion. So spent more than normal but hey ho.

Well Beth not been in touch re: news of the accountant and house being valued again tomorrow lunchtime.
I will let her know tomorrow after agent has left and ask if they now know what their position is because if it's not viable we will arrange for photos and get house on the market.
Wonder if the silence is due to the fact they cannot after all afford it. Funnily enough I said something last month which prompted her to tell me they had had an offer on the flat and she couldn't believe she hadn't told me. I wondered then if they were not in a position after all to make an offer wish people would just tell you things up front.
Never mind their loss. It will sell at some point and they will still have to share the drive which I do feel sorry about.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2018, 03:56 PM
Well I should have gone out today but apart from picking the car up and paying the bill all I have done is Checked out and paid for the insurance online and then taxed the car online as well, so all in all a lot of money going out!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2018, 07:26 PM
It really is a bummer when all the bills drop at once, I feel your pain. The saving grace is that it's finished now for another 12 months so at least you know that you have the freedom of the car.

I can't believe how nice an evening it is. Sun out, blue sky. Of course, this morning when we were out it was nothing like this - Sod's Law.

For the first time today, I haven't got out of breath while we were out and even managed to make a start on clearing out the porch - progress at last!!