Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jacquiestringer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Thanks Jen - so do I. Why is it when you can't eat one you always fancy a big juicy steak Raspberries and ice cream for later though
You could always put a steak in the liquidiser....then again, maybe not!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Jacquiestringer View Post
You could always put a steak in the liquidiser....then again, maybe not!
I think a mug of Bovril would be easier
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Think I'm going to have to let them do the extractions I need soon (one is going to be a horribly messy job as half the tooth's gone under the gum) as I've been in pain for the last fortnight, and utter utter agony this week (I was sobbing in pain earlier today)... am on as many painkillers as I can find and it's still only just bearable.

Have an appointment already for next Tuesday - dentist I go to is on holiday this week so it's grit my teeth and bear it till then - by which time if the pain doesn't die down (it often does as the cracked tooth gets infected from time to time) I'm likely to be begging her to get busy with the pliers - which is probably what I need. The other thing she's suggested (because this health trust don't ever ever offer sedation - gits!) is that I get referred to hospital to have it all done under general anasthetic but I'm terrified that they'll pull more than the two I know I need to lose and I'll wake up with no teeth left - so I won't consent to that at the moment.

Just fed up with years of pain - when I DON'T go to the dentist, and when I finally fight it all and DO go regularly to the dentist and my teeth are so weak (naturally - not all me) that I'm on 3 monthly checkups - it's a constant round of fillings... and I still end up in agony anyway.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Think I'm going to have to let them do the extractions I need soon (one is going to be a horribly messy job as half the tooth's gone under the gum) as I've been in pain for the last fortnight, and utter utter agony this week (I was sobbing in pain earlier today)... am on as many painkillers as I can find and it's still only just bearable.

Have an appointment already for next Tuesday - dentist I go to is on holiday this week so it's grit my teeth and bear it till then - by which time if the pain doesn't die down (it often does as the cracked tooth gets infected from time to time) I'm likely to be begging her to get busy with the pliers - which is probably what I need. The other thing she's suggested (because this health trust don't ever ever offer sedation - gits!) is that I get referred to hospital to have it all done under general anasthetic but I'm terrified that they'll pull more than the two I know I need to lose and I'll wake up with no teeth left - so I won't consent to that at the moment.

Just fed up with years of pain - when I DON'T go to the dentist, and when I finally fight it all and DO go regularly to the dentist and my teeth are so weak (naturally - not all me) that I'm on 3 monthly checkups - it's a constant round of fillings... and I still end up in agony anyway.
You poor thing. Is it not possible to see someone this week as putting up with that pain must be awful. I do hope you are sorted out soon. I would definitely avoid GA if you can as with any GA there is an element of risk (and I m not talking about waking up without any teeth )

I do hope the pain eases and I feel so useless as don't know what to suggest. Take care.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Agree with Sue-though I know I would probably want my own dentist,so would possibly wait till next week.
Hope that if you do decide to wait-you are not in too much pain-just mentioning this makes me feel sick.
Take care,
thinking of you as I know exactly how you feel .

Sue and Heather -how are you both doing -you brave girls

Maureen-(of the walkie talkie doll)
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Doing fine thanks Maureen. Keep 'flashing' my beautiful top teeth and only the select few know they are not mine Did get a black eye over the weekend and also bruising around the mouth that looks like dirt Am going to ask my dentist if she gave me a left hook while I wasn't looking Eating more or less normally although an apple is a bit of a challenge

Haven't heard from Heather yet as to whether she has her teeth in position now

Feel so sorry for Dizzi - sounds as if she is in absolute agony.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Really shouldn't have read this as I'm on my way to the dentist on Friday - I've got a really sensitive tooth and last time it was a root canal job

I never used to mind going but that numbing injection seems to get more painful each time

Not looking forward to it at all - however better than ending up with a abcess cos that hurts more than the needle!!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Really shouldn't have read this as I'm on my way to the dentist on Friday - I've got a really sensitive tooth and last time it was a root canal job

I never used to mind going but that numbing injection seems to get more painful each time

Not looking forward to it at all - however better than ending up with a abcess cos that hurts more than the needle!!
You will be fine Leanne - just think, injection all over by the time you have counted to ten Doesn't your dentist use numbing gel before the injection. Good luck for tomorrow xx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Well the saga of Heathers teeth continues. Went to dentist this morning and she tried to alter my dentures for me but they still would not fit. Top was not too bad on its own but looked crooked, bottom not too bad on its own but crooked. Put them both in together and omg what a sight they fit together on one side but a big gap on the other. I could not close my mouth or talk, I must admit the dentist, the nurse and myself were in hysterics. It did look so funny and the fact I tried to talk and couldn't. Well I just started laughing as I did see the funny side when she gave me the mirror. So it's back to making new teeth, but the dentist is away for the next 3 weeks so wouldn't do an impression today as she said my gums were still very swollen and in 3 weeks time the swelling would have gone down and better time to take an impression. So I have an appointment for the 5th May to start all over again with impressio s and bites etc. but at least that won't hurt. And she also gave me the good news that there is still a piece of tooth left in one socket, but she says that often happens and it may work its way out, but if not she will take it out when my gums have all healed. Knowing my luck I will end up having to go back later to have it removed. So for the next month or so I have to wear my top part dentures, which won't stay in unless I practically superglue them in. And no bottom teeth in at all. But hey ho I suppose it could be worse couldnt it?
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Off for an emergency appointment.

On the false teeth thing - friend in the states went to pick up his teeth (that he'd obviously paid a fortune for) - to find the surgery had gone bust!
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >