Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 06:55 PM

Urinary infection

I strongly suspect Roxy has a urinary infection. She peed in the lounge overnight, and again when I was at work. Baz said her wee was really cloudy. Shame he didn't get a sample... I could have whizzed her up the vets.

I'll get a sample in the morning, and take her tomorrow. Can't do it first thing, as I'm in an important meeting

Now I have a horrid smell in the lounge which I'm really having trouble shifting. I cleaned up both times with Daz liquid, but because I didn't catch it early enough, it's soaked right in. You need a peg on your nose
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 07:23 PM
hi vicki have you tried baking soda its usually pretty good at shifting dog odours ie pee etc iv used it myself on the odd puppy accident when my puppies have come back for visits and got over excited and pee'd on the carpet .hope it helps and i hope your furry baby gets better soon
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks hon - don't think I've got any - I'll have a search in a mo - it always amazes me what's in my cleaning cupboard!
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Aww Poor Roxy. I hope it gets cleared up soon Good luck with the smell too
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks Suzie. Either the smell's getting less, or we're getting used to it

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Picked up the food for Roxy from the vets last night that's going to disolve the crystals in her urine. I paid £20.12 for 12 370g tins........ that's £1.67 a tin....... good grief! Good job I love her.....
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 07:17 AM
There's a relatively new product called 1001 no vac, its a foam spray you spray onto the carpet, the smell stays for quite a while and may neutralise the odour in the carpet.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 07:20 AM
Actually, Baz got the Vax carpet cleaner out and cleaned the carpet for over an hour. The pong has greatly reduced and is hardly noticeable now. He's going to clean it again on Sunday, bless him. I must think of a reward for him
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Actually, Baz got the Vax carpet cleaner out and cleaned the carpet for over an hour. The pong has greatly reduced and is hardly noticeable now. He's going to clean it again on Sunday, bless him. I must think of a reward for him
Your so kind!
Enjoy Sunday!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 07:55 AM
the liquid they sell from most pet shops called simple solution works wonders. You just pour it neat onto where they weed, then blot up. We used to put shoes on then stand on wads of kitchen towel. The theory is that the solution follows the path of the urine and neutralises any odours. This way you get right down into any underlay etc rather than just cleaning the surface. It stops the pong and also stops them peeing there again. Sorry if I`m teaching you to suck eggs but it worked great for us whilst puppy training and during a bout of Cystitis.

Hope she gets better soon. I sympathise with getting that sample took me all day to catch a few drops from Fudge. Every time she squatted i would get bowl out and she would stop straight away......the neighbours thought I was a bit mad.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >