Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 07:26 AM

Night incontinence?

A few weeks ago, I woke up nice and early, as usual, to find Bunnie on the bed (normal) cleaning herself frantically. Her whole back leg was soaking wet and at first I couldn't work out why.

I thought maybe she had been bitten and was trying to scratch/nibble it, but she was really wet so ruled this out pretty quickly.

The wetness didn't smell at all so I just carried on as normal.

Later that day the wet patch dried out revealing a pale yellow stain.......

Bunnie has always slept on my bed, or beside it.

The day before yesterday I found another pale yellow stain. Again it didn't smell at all, but it's obvious (isn't it?) what it actually is.

This morning there was a wet patch on the sheepskin rug where Bunnie had slept (Lennon was on the bed with me for a change), so I think we now have our proof. All incidents are not reacted to by me in any way.

I honestly don't believe she knows it's happening.....

There's obviously something amiss. I shall be calling the vet tomorrow - any advice in the meantime please?

Bunnie turned 3 last month.

Thank you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Poor Bunnie. Lets hope its an infection. She is very young to be suffering incontinence.

I know steroids can do this but she isn't on any medication is she ?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 07:44 AM
No, no medication, Lynn. I need to get a sample for the vet......

x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Rio used to be prone to bouts of uti's and did suffer incontinence at one point, she didn't have a clue either. There was much talk of treating the incontinence but my gut feeling was it was related to the recurring infections. She was eventually given a three week course of AB and has never had a problem with infections or leaks since. It's now been over two years since her last infection.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Rio used to be prone to bouts of uti's and did suffer incontinence at one point, she didn't have a clue either. There was much talk of treating the incontinence but my gut feeling was it was related to the recurring infections. She was eventually given a three week course of AB and has never had a problem with infections or leaks since. It's now been over two years since her last infection.
Thanks Shirley - I'm hoping that's all it is......
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Lets hope it`s a minor girlie infection. She may simply have been drinking a lot due to the heat of course.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks folks. Can't say I've noticed excessive drinking.

It does sound like it's an infection - I'll get a sample and a vet visit booked.....

x
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Yes Katie would have had same issues with cystitis at times. Take a Urine sample with you to vets; if its clear dont let them just assume its incontinence - if it was she would leak during the day too ask for bloodwork
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Rio's dip test or whatever it is they do in surgery was clear but on further analysis it wasn"t so ask for a full test if necessary.
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2011, 09:30 AM
My girl had the same thing happen on Christmas Day (no other symptoms. Urine test came back clear...no blood, infection etc . Prescribed AB's as not everything is tested for & it cleared up within a week.
However, now she has been diagnosed with a suppressed immune system & her allergies have brought on Yeast infection .... I wonder if it was a symptom of Yeast infection all along.
She's on live yoghurt which seems to be helping.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >