Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:16 PM

Bit worried

If this is in the wrong place sorry.

Bit worried about our Dougal. His demeanour has changed recently, especially since the attack on him from Dad's dog.

We were out a walk the other day and met another dog, and where he normally would be tail in the air wagging, this time his demeanour was more assertive and he wasn't as friendly and sniffing around as he normally does. I got the feeling that he might have started something...so pulled him away.

This morning he really worried me, normally I would say I could trust him round cats, but Mocha came in for breakfast and she wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, getting her own breakfast while he had his and for no reason I could see he snapped at her. I didn't notice her doing anything, she wasn't sticking her nose into his food (and normally he's not food aggressive anyway) so was puzzled and worried.

It might be nothing, but it's not like him.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2011, 09:30 PM
are you sure he isnt picking up on your vibes?
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Hmmm I'm no expert but that's how Bailey started then unfortunatley he got attacked again not long after

I now can't trust him near any dog as he seems to have adopted the 'attack is the best form of defence' stance on all dogs
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
are you sure he isnt picking up on your vibes?
I don't normally bother with him and other dogs, he was fine with them for ages, and I had no reason not to trust him, he was attacked before and hasn't bothered, he just suddenly seemed to change.

This morning again, no reason not to trust him round Mocha, so there was no reason for me to be giving off a vibe, he just suddenly snapped at her. It was out of character for him.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
I don't normally bother with him and other dogs, he was fine with them for ages, and I had no reason not to trust him, he was attacked before and hasn't bothered, he just suddenly seemed to change.

This morning again, no reason not to trust him round Mocha, so there was no reason for me to be giving off a vibe, he just suddenly snapped at her. It was out of character for him.
well, you may have a reason.

subconsciously you may have been worrying he might change because he was attacked....that can cause subtle vibes which dogs can pick up on.

the incident with the dog, how were you holding the lead?

have you been paying him any special attention since he was attacked?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Acting out of character can have other causes ie the dog not being well. One of the first sign of hypothyroidism was our usually very placid Rosie snapping at Katie for nothing. Just a thought.....