View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2013, 04:53 PM

Diesel has a huge lump under his chin (blocked saliva duct)

As the title says really, on saturday I noticed a huge hard lump under Diesels chin, slightly off to one side but pretty much central. It's the size of a large egg and very solid. I was quite shocked because it wasn't there on Friday. It's clearly not bothering him as he's as full of beans as ever. We've just got back from the vets and after a fine needle aspiration which turned into a bit of a blood bath tbh we had blood squirting everywhere, my hands were covered in it, my top is spattered the table was splattered, it was all over the floor and he didn't bat an eyelid. Just laid there looking at me adoringly and trying to cover the vet in kisses. The vet has had a look at it under the microscope and is pretty convinced it's a blocked saliva duct. We have 2 weeks of antibiotics and a weeks worth of anti inflamatories and back on friday to see if it's disappeared. £174 for that lot. Let's hope it is what the vet thinks it is and nothing more sinister.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Oh no poor Diesel and poor you!!!

That sounds horrific but thank god nothing too sinister.

Hope you're over the shock and it heals up nicely
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Fingers crossed that it is just the blocked saliva gland, its good that is not bothering Diesel. Keep us updated please Shirley.

Expensive visit though
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 07:14 PM
hope it is all sorted with that treatment, glad the vet got messy at that price
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Oh dear, poor Diesel and poor you - hopefully it turns out that it is just a blocked saliva gland which would explain why it appeared so suddenly.

A rather hefty charge though I think but if the antibiotics and anti-inflammatories work then it will have been worth it to get Diesel back to his lump-less gorgeousness.

(((hugs))) xx
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Poor Diesel, glad he's not showing discomfort tho as it's the sort of thing you'd expect to be painful.

I hope the ABs clear it up soon - *hugs* to you both.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

05-02-2013, 08:19 PM
No sign of discomfort at all even though I squeezed it quite hard on Saturday while I had him laying on his back looking to see if there was any sign of a puncture wound, but his skin was all pink and pristine looking, no foreign bodies to be seen, no bite marks etc. If it is a blocked saliva gland we should see an improvement by friday so fingers crossed it clears it up. Apparently they are prone to reoccur if operated on anyway.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 08:50 PM
That is incredible how quickly something that big can appear I hope for your sake and of course, poor Diesel, that by Friday the swelling has all but gone.

Good luck.
Carole
Supervisor

05-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Fingers crossed for a big improvement by Friday
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Good luck and hope the fact that it seems painless is a good thing.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >