View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I wash Vegas's bedding every couple of weeks,but only cause i clean him everytime we get back from walkies.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 03:05 PM
All my lot have full cocker coats so coming in from a walk can be messy. they all get hosed off in the garden and then towelled down i also have towelling bags that they have to sit in for at least 1/2 hour after a washdown. we have loads of fleecey beds around the house as the girls follow me to each room (can't keep moving five beds to each room). in each bed is a wooley blanket or cushion pad. i wash the blankets and pads once a week and shake out the beds each day when i hoover. the main body of the bed gets washed every other week, unless someone makes a nasty mess. i only have one washing machine but i have managed to aquire a second tumble dryer with is really handy at this time of year for all the wet towles and dog bags. & i just use the same washing power for the dog stuff as for our clothes.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Georgie has a round bed from Argos...
I wash it about once a week, but I cover it with different blankets that get changed daily.

My CKCS sleeps in a wicker bed and her sheets and blankets get changed every couple of days.

Mine are not really dirty dogs though, as I clean them after each walk, and I wipe their paws with wipes when they come in from the garden
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 07:03 PM
last question
does anyone have a good tip for getting the dog hair out of the drum, even when you wipe it out, there is still lots of dog hair lurking there and as I seem to launder all the staffs white shirts at the moment its a real pain
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 07:14 PM
ben sleeps on our sofa at night (so i found out recently LOL) and he just lays on the floor rest of the time, havnt got room for a full size bed for him, so basically ben sleeps where ever he wants
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
last question
does anyone have a good tip for getting the dog hair out of the drum, even when you wipe it out, there is still lots of dog hair lurking there and as I seem to launder all the staffs white shirts at the moment its a real pain
I know you can get these little ball type things to put in with your wash to collect any fluff or lint, I guess they might work with dog hair. I haven't tried them, but considering buying some. Has anyone else tried them?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 10:14 PM
yup please if anyone has tried them do tell, not sure I wana go to tesco and ask for little balls, lol
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 10:41 PM
yup please if anyone has tried them do tell, not sure I wana go to tesco and ask for little balls, lol
Better still, I've seen them in those "kleeneze" catalogues that get sent round the doors.

Next time the man calls with the catalogue, open the door and ask him if he has little balls.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 10:58 PM
last question
I read staffs as being short for Staffordshire Bull Terriers which threw me for a moment
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 11:06 PM
LMAO at Lizziel!

Bongo has assorted vet bed, old duvets and cushions for her crate (or at this time of the evening strewn all over the sitting room ) It gets changed every couple of weeks, or more often if it needs it. Our problem here is with sand rather than mud, so a good shake-out/hoover once a day keeps it from getting too filthy. I concentrate my energy on keeping her well brushed, which probably amounts to the same thing.

When it is washed, it's done in biological washing powder (we use non-bio for our own stuff) and we don't use fabric conditioner at all anyway.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >