Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2012, 07:15 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread. (Monday)

again.

Morning all. Currently it is dry here and a bit chilly, bit early to tell whether it will stay dry or turn wet.
I am hoping it will stay dry and breezy as I have the first lot of bedding in to wash.

For all of those going to work today after your nice weekend break I hope it isn't to bad and goes quickly for you.

Usual here today feed Dillon in a minute and walk him then back to clean the house and log on at 2pm 8pm Kazakhstan time for a skype chat with Gorden hopefully.
He is going to sit in the cafe in the hotel it is a bit noisy so he puts his headphones on to block out the noise and it isn' t quite so loud my end so I can ignore it.
He hopes to have some news about what date he will be paid this month as their bank accounts should be open today and the actual finishing date in Pavlodar and he is also hoping they will know how it will work about how long they will stay in Almaty when they arrive there before being flown home.
Then we discuss whether he goes back or not for a much longer stint.

Well thats my day I am looking forward to hearing about your day and any news you may have.

To all those feeling under par and to all the doglets out there feeling under par hoping you all feel better soon.
Off to feed my big boy now he is being unusually patient.

Enjoy your day all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Morning Lynn and all.
I've had a good weekend so I hope everyone else did too. Those of you going back to work, I hope the week goes by quickly for you.
Making chicken stew today and then I have to pick up no1 Grand-daughter from the station. She is coming home from uni for a few days. I think now and then home sickness gets the better of her
Dark and miserable here
Have a good day everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Morning Lynn, Jenny and everyone

Sounds like the sort of day I like there Lynn, no dashing about, like mine's gonna be again, and enjoy your time with Gorden on the Skype, I wonder what he had for dinner last night????

I'm on a mission to the electrical store (if I can find it) to get a new transformer for my under cupboard led's. Don't ask, but it's been a nightmare, and when Dave was away last week, they started flashing like mad I now know all about transformers, led's and wattages, and I'm sure the man in the shop is going to be very impressed with my knowledge when I go in to order one. Then I'm off to the carpet shop (again) to order some bathroom lino for the van coz the new toilet stopped short of the original, and I've now decided I don't want my new carpet fitted until next March when the season starts, coz what's the point, it'll only get walked on by muddy feet when the boiler's serviced and get damp over the winter. Then off to B&Q to get some bits for Dave. I told him to write a list when he went to Wickes yesterday, but he said he didn't need one, so he comes home, having forgotten the most important item he went there for

I was hoping for another glorious, sunny day so that I can take the camera out into the woods this morning, but it's not to be, it's all cloudy out there, but at least it's dry.

Roast chicken for lunch coz it's Dave's last day before he has to survive on sandwiches from the local garage for 3 days and not a lot else, but I think I've got enough to do this morning, what with 2 walks for Zena.

Enjoy your day, don't work too hard if you're back at work, and I hope this new week is a good one for you
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I hope you have a lovely chat with Gorden, lucky that it 2pm and not 2am, it will be good for you to have the return date sorted, lets hope it is easier than the departure date was!

No work today, I worked all weekend. I don't have a lot planned, paying in my cousins long awaited cheque from his mothers estate, walking the dogs and then whatever takes my fancy.

Have a good day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Morning Lynn
Morning All

Hope you get news from Gorden later, if the money is there I suppose he will have to go on a longer stint, shame he has to go to these levels to earn a living

Well foster son gone to school, this one is hard work at times he only thinks of himself nothing else exists in his world, trying to teach him others matter is going to be a long hurl, that includes animal's feeling too. Flower came down this morning before me (I was in the bathroom) and he ignored her dancing at the back door to be let out so she had an accident
When he was told off he said....''but I didn't do it Flower did'' ...God give me strength .............breath steph breath

Everyone left the building now another coffee and a browse

Have a great day folks
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning Lynn and all.
I've had a good weekend so I hope everyone else did too. Those of you going back to work, I hope the week goes by quickly for you.
Making chicken stew today and then I have to pick up no1 Grand-daughter from the station. She is coming home from uni for a few days. I think now and then home sickness gets the better of her
Dark and miserable here
Have a good day everyone.
Morning Jenny. Chicken stew mmmmmmmm. Enjoy.
I think you are right about the home sickness setting in every now and then and they just need a bit of good old fashioned cooking and TLC don't they ?
Not that they will admit it.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Jenny and everyone

Sounds like the sort of day I like there Lynn, no dashing about, like mine's gonna be again, and enjoy your time with Gorden on the Skype, I wonder what he had for dinner last night????

I'm on a mission to the electrical store (if I can find it) to get a new transformer for my under cupboard led's. Don't ask, but it's been a nightmare, and when Dave was away last week, they started flashing like mad I now know all about transformers, led's and wattages, and I'm sure the man in the shop is going to be very impressed with my knowledge when I go in to order one. Then I'm off to the carpet shop (again) to order some bathroom lino for the van coz the new toilet stopped short of the original, and I've now decided I don't want my new carpet fitted until next March when the season starts, coz what's the point, it'll only get walked on by muddy feet when the boiler's serviced and get damp over the winter. Then off to B&Q to get some bits for Dave. I told him to write a list when he went to Wickes yesterday, but he said he didn't need one, so he comes home, having forgotten the most important item he went there for

I was hoping for another glorious, sunny day so that I can take the camera out into the woods this morning, but it's not to be, it's all cloudy out there, but at least it's dry.

Roast chicken for lunch coz it's Dave's last day before he has to survive on sandwiches from the local garage for 3 days and not a lot else, but I think I've got enough to do this morning, what with 2 walks for Zena.

Enjoy your day, don't work too hard if you're back at work, and I hope this new week is a good one for you
Morning Helena. Yes another day at my pace just the way I like it.
Watch out with all the knowledge at the electrical store he may offer you a job.

Dave sounds like me a list I don't need a list then finds out when home he did.
Enjoy your roast chicken today to set Dave up for another few days away.
I will try to remember to ask Gorden what he had for tea yesterday and breakfast today. Something completely weird again I expect.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn and all

I hope you have a lovely chat with Gorden, lucky that it 2pm and not 2am, it will be good for you to have the return date sorted, lets hope it is easier than the departure date was!

No work today, I worked all weekend. I don't have a lot planned, paying in my cousins long awaited cheque from his mothers estate, walking the dogs and then whatever takes my fancy.

Have a good day all.
Morning Gerri well enjoy your day off today sounds like you need it. Enjoy the walk with the dogs always nicer when not in a hurry.
Glad to hear the cheque has finally arrived.
Oh don't say that about a mess getting them home like getting them out there. I am sure Gorden would join me in a nervous breakdown if it did .
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
Well my holiday is over and I am back to work today. I didn't sleep very well at all last night because of all my worries at the moment so consequently I feel absolutely shattered.
Very cold here this morning but at least dry.
I hope you get a lovely skype chat with Gordon later Lynn and his pay is sorted.
Enjoy your day everyone.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Morning

With Azz's food threads and all this morning talk about chicken etc. I'm starting to get hungry!

Just deciding whether to cycle to school but it's a bit unpleasant out there and Carys fell off last time so isn't too keen.

Hope it's a good day for everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all,

Cloudy but dry here with rain coming later A really busy weekend with friends (and their dog) here yesterday which was lovely. Back to reality today and the carpets still need hoovering, laundry to iron, food shopping to buy etc etc. However with the rain forecast around lunchtime, dogs will take priority for their longer daily hike.

Lynn I hope you get all the answers you hope for from Gorden and your connection is good

To everyone else, have a good day whether you are at home or work
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning Lynn
Morning All

Hope you get news from Gorden later, if the money is there I suppose he will have to go on a longer stint, shame he has to go to these levels to earn a living

Well foster son gone to school, this one is hard work at times he only thinks of himself nothing else exists in his world, trying to teach him others matter is going to be a long hurl, that includes animal's feeling too. Flower came down this morning before me (I was in the bathroom) and he ignored her dancing at the back door to be let out so she had an accident
When he was told off he said....''but I didn't do it Flower did'' ...God give me strength .............breath steph breath

Everyone left the building now another coffee and a browse

Have a great day folks
Morning Steph.
Sounds like you have your work cut out there. Good luck.
Enjoy your coffee and peace and quiet.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,
Well my holiday is over and I am back to work today. I didn't sleep very well at all last night because of all my worries at the moment so consequently I feel absolutely shattered.
Very cold here this morning but at least dry.
I hope you get a lovely skype chat with Gordon later Lynn and his pay is sorted.
Enjoy your day everyone.
Oh no Bev thats not good.
Is it worry over going back to work or everything ? (((Hugs))).

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning

With Azz's food threads and all this morning talk about chicken etc. I'm starting to get hungry!

Just deciding whether to cycle to school but it's a bit unpleasant out there and Carys fell off last time so isn't too keen.

Hope it's a good day for everyone.
Morning Linda.
Maybe if the weather isn't too good and Carys is a bit nervous better to do it another way otherwise it might be lunch time when you arrive.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »