View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mimidog
New Member!
Female 

29-06-2010, 03:28 PM

Treating worms, ticks and other nasties!

Hello all. Hoping someone can help me out please! We had a lovely tick / flea / worming schedule of Mimi dog, but when we left the UK to live in France it all got mucked up. We're now back in the UK, where we intend to stay, and I'd like to get her programme back on track.

We were using Advocate and Drontil, but as the Drontil seems to upset her tum we've just been switched to Millbemax, which I understand can be used with Advantix but not Advocate. Also had a nasty tick incident last month, so I think the Advantix is probably a better choice for us anyway.

Is there something I can add to the Advantix and Milbemax routine to cover all the nasties that the Advocate used to cover? I think heartworm and tapeworm are the two I'm most concerned about, as we have a 14 month old toddler.

Also, not sure if I've got the frequencey right - using Advocate / Advantix every 6 weeks, and worming every 3 months.

Any advise for a confused newbie very much appreciated!
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2010, 04:39 PM
There are so many different products doing different things, and the best ones come from the vet. I would talk it over with yours and select the best products for your conditions.

I am using Sentinel because it controls whip worms. It isn't the best for fleas, but we seldom have much trouble with them. Last year we had Tux on Interceptor which doesn't do fleas at all and only had one incident, quickly cleared up CapStar.

This year I am going to spray both dogs with Ovitrol before taking them to the state fair dog show. I think Tux was infested on our in. I checked, and he didn't have a sign of fleas the night before.