View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2005, 03:00 AM
RD Rocky is such a little sweety, poor little man. I would think about the type of food he is on and would be inclined to give garlic capsules too, they are a good internal antiseptic and help boost the immune system. Good luck with him
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Are you CERTAIN its not fleas? Seems strange for them BOTH to be itching?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 09:49 AM
If he carries on itching, ask your vet for something to help.
Teagan scratched herself that much (allergy to the Aludex), she was bleeding, and there was puss coming out of the scabs. The vet gave her a low dose of piriton, and it stopped the itching almost straight away.
RedDevil
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Good news.... i got in touch with the kennels, and told them my story.

they have said basically what you guys have said... the vet has over reacted and upset us unnecessarily!!
the good news is they said, there vet will do the treatment and cover any costs in sorting him out, and they said that its not a serious problem and not to worry.

they are going to ring me back with a time to go over, i said i wanted the treatment starting soon as possible.... to help the poor chap quickly, today i hope.
RedDevil
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-01-2005, 10:49 AM
just as a follow up....

he is booked in the vets for 4.05pm today

will let you know what happens.
jayne
Dogsey Senior

21-01-2005, 11:36 AM
thats great.....hope all goes well.....keep us posted jayne,
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by RedDevil
just as a follow up....he is booked in the vets for 4.05pm today will let you know what happens.
Good luck RD Dogwebbers will be thinking of you Can I suggest you make sure your puppies nails are nice and smooth with no points so when he scratches it will do less harm Buy some emery boards, the human kind and gently file his nails while he sits on your knee, it won't hurt him, filing is safer than cutting and gentle fileing won't damage the quick.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Thats good news RD!
Hope everything goes well at the vets, please keep us up to date!
Thinking of you and Rocky!
RedDevil
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-01-2005, 05:39 PM
update!!

been to the vets, they was very helpful

didnt bother with the baths, went straight for the injection that your Teagan had Hevvur, she did mention its used for cows!! lol but said they had even used it on rabbits and ginea pigs....
as well as that they give me some Noroclav pills to stop any sores getting infected, and some Kaogel Medicine to build his imune system up...... also (bit of a drug addict this dog lol) stronghold solution that stops fleas, heartworm, adult ringworm, sarcoptic mange..... wow!!!

anyway the good thing is, the ball is rolling now and he will soon be better, he has to go back next saturday morning for another of them cow injections he will need 3 altogether....1 down 2 to go.

i mentioned my other dogs itching and the vet asked me to bring her for a scrape next week when rocky has his second injection... just to make sure.

something funny happened on the way to the vets too

in the car Rocky did a projectile poo, onto the wifes legs hahahahah
i thought it was funny, she didnt
the car stinks, think i better clean it.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Glad thinga are looking up and would like to say WELL DONE TO YOUR BREEDER!!!!!!!!! Nice to hear how supportive they were! You found a good un!
Can you just tell me..if you rub the skin and some of the ''dry skin' comes off...does it 'walk/move'
I have had a similar problem to you and it was misdiagnosed by the vet.My breeder then diagnosed it as'walking dandruff' and we treated it with strong hold
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >