Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2008, 05:29 PM

Arden Grange

Does anyone know if there is any way to get a free sample of this food? I have a pair of quite picky dogs who have been on Burns for about 18 months, but they just don't seem to be enjoying their meals. I don't want to buy a bag for them to then not like it, so any ideas?

I'd also love to hear any experiences with the food to help me decide! How do the ingredients look? I'm not clued up on these things really
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 05:36 PM
The ingredients are generally excellent although they still use beet pulp which is cheap filler and not really an ingredient which should be seen in top quality foods. Apart from that I dont think there is anything negative to say about AG.

My 2 are on it and because I have to order it online, i've tried various other foods I can get locally but I still go back to AG in the end so i've given up shopping around!
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi

I have two large sachets of Arden Grange adult (lamb and rice) that our vet gave us a while ago for harvey our lab. We had already bought some anyway so you are welcome to these. Just pm me your address and I'll pop them in the post for you. You're very welcome to them as harvey has the chicken one only.

Julie
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 05:47 PM
My BC is a fussy eater and will turn his nose up at plenty of foods but i've never had a problem with AG, he tucks in happily every time.

If I buy a bag of food which isnt a hit, I just put a bit of gravy on it so it doesnt go to waste because i'll be damned if i'm binning it!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
The ingredients are generally excellent although they still use beet pulp which is cheap filler and not really an ingredient which should be seen in top quality foods. Apart from that I dont think there is anything negative to say about AG.

My 2 are on it and because I have to order it online, i've tried various other foods I can get locally but I still go back to AG in the end so i've given up shopping around!
Interesting, Leanne. Thanks for posting that info.
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Teddysmum, that would be great, PMing you now
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 06:18 PM
I should have said it's a cheap filler depending on how much they use! It is a cheap ingredient and is a by product but I think it's something like as long as it's not over 5% then it isnt a problem.

There is some controversy over it but I guess you do some research and make your own mind up.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 06:48 PM
If you go on their website and email or call them, they will send you a sample pack. Just google Arden Grange
Petra
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2008, 01:23 PM
I got in touch with AG a couple of days ago - very helpful, and they are going to send some samples out.

I have also found a local vets who can order it, and it arrives in the next day for collection.

I am hoping to get our puppy onto it.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2008, 05:11 PM
I use AG chicken for Charlie and he is thriving on it. My local pet shop orders it in for me and I just collect it a few days later.
I was given other dry dog food to try but as he is happy on AG I just used the other stuff as training treats so as not to waste it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >