View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2006, 05:09 PM
well if its working makes things very clear for her which can only help.
keep it up!
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2006, 07:32 PM
hi well done with all the work you are putting in with suki,i used a house line with my old dog who was trained aggressive with strangers i have also used them alot when i worked at battersea especially when using the time -out training with dogs,house lines are a very useful tool and i have also trained widget my young dog to a house line,he knows when he is on the line he has to stay calm and lay or sit , i also use stuffed kongs with them when they are on the line,
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:51 PM
thanks MD - we let her have her bone to chomp on, it's her comfort thing!! She's really not a massive fan of the kong - well unless she can bounce it off the walls. She's still got the puppy one but for some reason doesn't like chewing it to get the food out Far prefers easy things like socks and underpants still!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:57 PM
So doesn't she get caught up in it?
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2006, 07:49 PM
no the dogs learn to step over the line so it doesnt trip them up! they learn to deal with frustration and to get themselves untangled its abit like if you are walking down the street and your dog goes to one side of a lamppost and you go to the other does your dog panic and fight or just walk the other way round!
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
So doesn't she get caught up in it?
like MD says Suki has learned to just step over it - as soon as it's put on her she just calms right down - very quickly learned that it means no running about like a mad thing. Of course there's always the exception to the rule and as you will know only too well - a teenage dobie can be trying!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by murphydog View Post
like if you are walking down the street and your dog goes to one side of a lamppost and you go to the other does your dog panic and fight or just walk the other way round!
Roxy walks round the other side of the lampost then stands still solid and doesn't budge until I have untangled her If the standing still and not budging does not work she will lie down and feel sorry for herself because she has walked the wrong way
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2