Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-12-2008, 11:59 AM

Internet troubles!

HELP! its driving me insane, for some reason my internet has gone disasterously wrong.
The following syptoms:
You type just the name of the website in without the full address, click enter and before it would take you to the website whereas now it just opens a blank page.
You search on google and it then takes you to this phones website
everytime i click on a web page i.e just on the page somewhere it opens either a popup or another browser window of absoloute crap.
I can't watch youtube videos as it wont load them
and generally its driving me insane. And its the same on all i.e, firefox and safari
HELP
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Nobody?
Its getting worse, more popups, more unreliability, making life a lot more difficult and im clueless!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2008, 11:29 AM
This happened to my son because he had installed a programme which carried a pop-up enabler. Uninstall anything new and then run a virus scan.
sounds like an unwelcome visitor to me....
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
This happened to my son because he had installed a programme which carried a pop-up enabler. Uninstall anything new and then run a virus scan.
sounds like an unwelcome visitor to me....
Exactly what I was going to say!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Havent installed anything in ages! Im now seeing html codes on loads of websites instead of the actual content...aswell as everthing else!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2008, 11:58 AM
sounds like a browser hijacker redirecting you to spam

have you done a virus scan. have you run an anti-spyware scan?

you can do system restore
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2008, 08:38 PM
It wont allow me to do a system restore and I have no idea why!
I keep getting these warnings, which are oddly pixellated, saying about security threat and when i click on them it takes me to a u.s webpage where i am offered to buy, in dollars, strangely expensive software. I keep getting yellow triangles, with the ! in, in my taskbar/toolbar saying I have corrupt files. ive done loads of virus scans etc, it throws the same things up..i delete, quarantine, and all the rest but no different! Now its just freezing totally, or going "funny" and I cant even get it to work long enough to plug my stand alone harddrive in to pull all my photos, work and rellevant documents onto as i havent backed up in ages!
Having to use a different laptop which ive managed to borrow, but its quite old so ridiculously slow!
Think im just technically b*******!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2008, 09:10 PM
do you use IE, if so go to windows and upload the new patch, IE have been having loads of trouble, I think Inca had a major problem to...

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=97967

im rubbish on the pc too, so stormy talked me through how do do the patch,
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2008, 05:41 AM
Which operating system are you using? If it's windows XP or Vista, you should get automatic updates frequently, which contain security patches...

Have you got Ad aware and spybot, search and destroy.. These are free downloads and well worth having.

Have you tried to start your computer in 'SAFE MODE'?
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Tried everything, lappy itself is now clapped out...gets the "blue screen of death" coming up with loads of jibberish, wont let me reboot, restore or start in safemode..blue screen of stuff just comes up. So all my music, photos from may onwards and important bits n bobs are on there and i cant access them to pull onto a removeable hard drive. To micom we must go...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >