View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2006, 02:34 PM

This is really sad but... we're related!

Jay (SpottyDogsRule) and I have been conferring and it turns out Takara and Dizney are related!

Don't ask me what they are, Jay reckons they're 3rd cousins or something but when I've worked it out I'll tell you!

I know this is practically inevitable but it's still quite fun to find out!
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2006, 03:03 PM
hehe Yes very fun..and naughty me this is probably the first time ive studied his pedigree lol There are some very pretty names on here though
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2006, 03:09 PM
hey i wonder what that makes us then Lottie? OK we are not bio mums but we are adoptive (is that the right way to put it) lol Ok very childish i know lol
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I think it's great when you can trace your dogs family and even better when you discover it by 'accident' over the net
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2006, 03:43 PM
They could also be related to mine as they are so "outbred" (mine, that is!) as you say, it is probably inevitable!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy
They could also be related to mine as they are so "outbred" (mine, that is!) as you say, it is probably inevitable!
Quite possibly!

Staffy - the sad thing is, Jay and I sat comparing pedigrees! We figured there must be something in there that matched and we found 3!!

So, if Takara's great, great, great granddad is also Dizneys granddad, what does that make Takara and Diz?

And yes - Jay! That means we're related (obviously not by blood - although you never know!) somewhere along the line!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Suppose with some of the breeds with a fairly small gene pool it is inevitable, Nikki (Archer) and some of my dogs are related. There are less than a dozen breeders in my breed so it is likely that most the dogs in the breed are going to be related somewhere in their lines but we normally only look at 3 to 5 generations back.

If it were a breed that had a lot of hereditary problems we would all be tracing the pedigree back for generations but we are lucky in the fact that we all know if a dog is sick with a problem that is considered hereditary and there are very few. The only problem are dogs being brought in from puppy farms off shore and sold at a certain puppy warehouse, we have no control over their breeding and some have proved to have problems that have not present been present in the main gene pool for some years.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-07-2006, 07:32 AM
my dogs are related to a few on here if you look at pedigrees.
if i remeber there is around 3 but the closest is anna's kia who is toby's 1/2 sister they have the same dad.