View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 06:04 PM
JWB only gives the % of the top 3 ingredients, Wainwrights gives the % of ALL the ingredients. I assume that's what they mean?
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post

JWB
Ingredients and analysis

Ingredients: Rice, lamb meat meal, ground whole barley, whole linseed, lamb fat, lamb gravy, sugar beet pulp, alfalfa, sodium chloride, natural seaweed, calcium carbonate, chicory extract, lysine, D,L-methionine, yucca extract, threonine, JWB special ingredients.

Contains: Min 26% lamb, min 26% rice, min 14% barley.

Typical analysis: Protein 20%, oil 10%, fibre 4%, ash 8.5%, omega-3 fatty acids 1.1%, omega 6 fatty acids 1.1%.

Wainrights

Ingredient(s):

Brown Rice (min. 30%), Lamb Meat Meal (min. 26%), Barley (min. 25.1%), Whole Linseed (min. 5%), Sugar Beet Pulp (min. 5%), Lamb Liver (min. 3%), Alfalfa (min. 2%), Lamb Fat (min. 1.5%), Potato Protein (min. 0.5%), Monosodium Phosphate (min. 0.5%), Natural Seaweed (min. 0.4%),
Minerals, Vitamins.

Typical Analysis:

Moisture 8%, Protein 23%, Oils and Fats 10%, Fibre 3.5%, Ash 11%, Calcium 1.9%, Phosphorus 1.2%, Vitamin A 12800iu/kg, Vitamin D3 1500iu/kg, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), 496iu/kg, Copper (Cupric Sulphate) 12mg/kg. Contains Tocopherol rich extracts of natural origin Vitamin E and Vitamin C as EC Permitted Antioxidant.
Look at JWB they don't show percentage of many of the ingredients, they just state what they are, that's all i meant by it
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
Look at JWB they don't show percentage of many of the ingredients, they just state what they are, that's all i meant by it

I would point you to the PFMA site which clearly states the labelling requriements, anything under a certain percentage does not have to be declared! O

Same is true for food designed for humans too, they are not hiding anything, and in any case they are not stating ANY of the quanities exactly, just giving a "minimum", personally I would be interested in maximums in all brands!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 08:13 PM
What i meant by delivery not being practicable (perhaps not right word to use) is that if we were not in there is nowhere to leave the food & no near neighbours to take it in.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Having a quick comparison between the foods is that the one thing that sprang out to me was WW mention potato protein, perhaps they use potato as a bulking agent? Although i dont tbink they use it as a bulker? If so perhaps this is what Harvey is missing

The other thing perhaps is that Harvey was on the chicken WW whereas at present he is on the JWB Lamb altho i wouldn't have thought it would have made the difference it has

Someone mentioned Fish4dogs - how does it compare to WW & JWB?
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 08:56 PM
yeah i just moved to jwb and it says to feed phoebe about 700g a day all the other foods ive used have been around 550g a day. Im not doing though as she does need to shift a bit of weight so is getting 550g

But i have noticed now im putting something of quality in a lot less is coming out the other end
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3