Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
Most 8 week puppies should normally have two decended testicles when they go to their new homes. They will ascend and decend freely though. So sometimes they will no be felt, but they should be down to stay by the age of about 5 or 6 months.

Dawn R.
you can see them by 5-6 weeks,although alot of ppl wont notice till 8 weeks,and they can pull them back up if they are cold,i took a pup to the vet at 6 weeks to check as id only seen one down,and thats what he said,and sure as heck by time wed got home and he was back in warm house out popped the other one,
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Depends on the breed. Its highly common for a med to large breed dog to take months to descend. One shepherd male I have didnt until 8 months old.
MOst medium to large breeds are 4-5 months.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Angel's were there at 8 weeks.
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post
Angel's were there at 8 weeks.
Man I would love that one. Zubins didnt drop until the week before I got him. lol. He uh had us nervous as I was getting him to be a show dog..lol...
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

26-05-2007, 02:48 PM
All my male dogs had testicles you could feel by the time I got them, usually around 8 weeks, and as I knew they were there I never took any note of when they dropped, but they were after any of my in season bitches by the time they were 6 months old !!!!!!!!! Kath
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2007, 03:46 PM
my kavik is almost 6 months & only has 1 testicle still, other 1 is in his groin as i can locate it. people i have spoken to about it have said to massage it down wards to help it down the canal .
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2007, 11:40 AM
All male puppies I've sold have had both ,checked by me, before they left at 8 weeks. Be careful though, they may be there but move as people have said. My last boy was a darling at moving his. I knew he had two when I bought him at 14 weeks but when I took him for a check up the vet was certain he only had one. He moved them up & down at will till he was just over 6 months then thank goodness he stopped & had two descended from then on.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3