View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 12:15 PM

How many treats do you give your dog/s ?

I was wondering recently if i am giving my dogs too many treats and so i thought i'd ask eveyone how many treats you give to yours (if any) ?

Mine get either a piece of dried tripe or a greenies toothbrush or a pigs ear every day. Also several biscuits each too......
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 12:18 PM
I dont give big treats
I give little training treats
And the amount at the moment is lots cos we are training Mia lots

(an example of the size is a mini cocktail sausage would make up at least 16 treats)

every shop bought treat I break up into lots of little bits
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Mine have 3 in the weekday and 1 of a week end.

In the morning they get a twisty hide stick, then at lunch time my nan gives them a treat before she goes. Then they either get a hide chew, tripe stick or pigs ear at bed time. They also get a stuffed knong everyday and a treat ball with some of there dried food in it.

Wow now i think mine get to many
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Mine get a raw carrot sliced through the centre (one adult on a diet and one puppy!)The puppy has lots of mini puppy treats which are miniscule coz I'm training her and she needs them, but they have about 4 puppy markies each of an evening along with another slice of carrot. If I gave pig's ears it would be a once a week thing to my dogs. Tripe sticks they possibly had one each a day, or maybe 2 bonios each a day, but that was my adult dogs who were not on a diet!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Mine get dinner or a treat evey time they have been out to the toilet or for a walk . They get fed twice a day and so that means they get 3 treats per day . They are not big treats though maybe a couple of small biscuits or a bit of somethig else
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 01:29 PM
The box behind the kitchen door has several huge hide chews in, as they want one they take one out. Otherwise nothing else.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 01:42 PM
i usually give carrots and apples, then the odd pigs ear and the odd puppy treat. she also gets a bowl of soup every other day if we make it. and chicken when we have some as well lol. actually quite a lot of stuff really :S
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 01:48 PM
umm beginning to think my pair are a bit spoilt!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 02:01 PM
My boys have a dentastick everyday after their breakfast and are then left with either a pigs ear or rawhide chew in the morning when I go to work.

They get a gravy bone or 2 when I get home, tea in the evening, maybe half a bonio or something to chew on later then a gravy bone before bed....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Sorry just read the carrot one.....forgot when I do the guinea's carrots they have to have a bit every morning.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >