View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2013, 07:01 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread. (Wednesday)

Well that's another Christmas and New Year celebrations out of the way. What will this year hold for us I wonder.
Good things I hope after last year we could do with a good year. I know that although we are stepping into this year cautiously what with Dillon and his behaviour and Gorden and the work situation we are hoping for better things this year.
Speaking of the naughty boy he got me up at 6 this morning but at the moment is very calm. I can deal with getting up sat 6am especially in the Spring and Summer when it arrives, its the manic wanting to go out in the garden and then barking then in the house and and then immediately wanting to go out again that is tiring especially when he does it all day and there is no respite whatever you do.
He is 14 months old today so maybe he has turned another corner here's hoping.

I do so hope all our Dogsey friends realise what they hope for this year.
I hope all those who have been or are feeling poorly feel better soon human and animal.
That all family and friends who have been ill or still are recovering make good progress this year.

Not much on for us today we had a nice hour out yesterday at the garden centre with the makeshift ice rink drinking tea watching people of all ages skate.

I am off to feed my big boy now who has been an amazingly patient boy this morning waiting. Looks like another dry walk on the cards again too today thank goodness.

Have a lovely day all and stay safe Especially those returning to work today.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I am glad Dillon is more settled today, enjoy your walk!

I am off to the hospital later, my cousin was admitted yesterday with a suspected stroke or MS episode, will hopefully know more later. I have decided that he needs to go into full time care now, the hospital agree, staff nurse said she was worried about bringing the subject up but beat her to it, I told her that we had been thinking along those lines for some time. I was hoping that he would make that decision himself but I know he will accept it.

I wish he would opt for Guidford Hospital though but he always requests Frimley Park, it's a nightmare to find anywhere to park the car!

I hope everyone has a lovely day!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Good morning, Lynn and all who follow...

After that start not thinking of this year except a day at a time.. repercusssions finanically are dire of course..

All sounds good there...l will light candles for thee and the dawg as I travel today..

Off out and AWAY soon,, a long list as petrol is a shocking price here and I make each out time of value.

First via the bottle bank then to check out a B and B as we have friends from the US coming in June and no accommodation here for them.

Weather is still, but that "soft" Irish rain that soaks in seconds at present..Hoping to clear the neuralgia which is lingering.. air always helps

Via a local beach,,. well about 12 miles away.... as I have heard re what they call a "coral " beach. It is really sun dried algae... may be useful for rosaries for the tourists( sorry; VISITORS!)as it is local.. already using tiny sea shells etc,,, This is my stock making time and a terrifying amount to make.. lol.. wonderful the amount I sell!

On then to Valentia Island to check out the place; again for our friends as I love to act tourist guide.. all is closed but sometimes they will let me in.. matters not..

Then round the rest of the Ring of Kerry to Killarney.. banking stuff and argos.. getting a new keyboard also for E8 there.. AND THE INK CARTRIDGES, which are on SPECIAL OFFER!

Meeting the wool shop lady then in Killarney , with her 8 huge sacks of gifts... then slowly home. Oh may check out another wild life place.. or stop to gather firewood but no room in the car for that today

Other things will intervene as they always do; serendipity.. love this way of driving around,, maybe a side lane or two, although a little jumpy still after being pushed into a ditch by the local drunk....who had been there stuck all night and was still drunk...

Oh must not forget to stop at every butcher's shop I see although the pickings will be small after being closed for three days.. just removed all the bones from my two as war was breaking out...

See you MUCH later!

Have a wonderful day and may rain hold back and winds be still!

Blessings and peace
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn and all

I am glad Dillon is more settled today, enjoy your walk!

I am off to the hospital later, my cousin was admitted yesterday with a suspected stroke or MS episode, will hopefully know more later. I have decided that he needs to go into full time care now, the hospital agree, staff nurse said she was worried about bringing the subject up but beat her to it, I told her that we had been thinking along those lines for some time. I was hoping that he would make that decision himself but I know he will accept it.

I wish he would opt for Guidford Hospital though but he always requests Frimley Park, it's a nightmare to find anywhere to park the car!

I hope everyone has a lovely day!
Blessings and peace on all on this, and more candles...
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Morning Lynn and MM

Just off to bed here, all back to normal tomorrow/today, back to work and boring walks *sigh*

MM - hope you get your cousin sorted out, you do an amazing job looking after him and his welfare.

Hope all doglets and hoomans are doing ok.... Lovely lovely hard frost here today, and think it will be the same tomorrow, gorgeous walk crushing all the ice on the puddles.. Daisy was a bit disappointed though as all the horse poop was frozen into poopsicles!!

See you in the morning x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Morning Gerri. Sorry to hear about your cousin.
Never an easy decision to make about the full time care helpful though if you feel your cousin will accept it easy.
Hopefully you will get the support and help we did in the end from the SS and the hospital. Still a draining experience though wishing you all the best with it.

Morning Rose. It sounds like an interesting exciting and tiring day on the cards for you today. Have fun and take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Morning DD.
Or should that be goodnight ?
Poor Daisy that did make me giggle about the horse poop.
Hope work goes well for you today I expect many are feeling the same today having to return to work especially as the rain seems to of stopped now.h
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Morning Lynn, Gerry, Rosebud, Debbie and everyone

Glad to hear Dillon was a good boy this morning for you Lynn and I've replied in your thread wishing you good luck for today. So sorry to hear about your cousin Gerry, and if he does go into care, at least you know that he enjoyed his stay recently in that lovely home you found him when you took him out so much over Christmas, good luck with the visits. Blimey Rosebud, you've got a busy day ahead there I hope it proves very fruitful for you. Debbie, hope you sleep well, and you did make me laugh there with those frozen horse poopsicles!!!!

Dave's gone off to work to do a couple of day's grafting whilst Zena and I enjoy the beach and being home alone here. The time flies by and I can get a lot more done without him in and out the front door going down to the garage or trying to get me involved in something I really don't want to be involved in He has at last agreed that I can make an appointment with our lovely new doctor to try and sort out his neck problem, it's getting quite bad now and although he suffers with migraines anyway, the headaches that the neck gives him are totally different he says, so he needs further inevestigations.

I've finally discovered why I keep putting my knee/hip or groin out!! I was in the kitchen last night, and because this new kitchen I designed "works" so very well, I found myself sort of swivelling around in there on the slippery floor, rather than actually stepping and turning, and out went my right groin again! Soooo, I'm going to make sure that I think when I'm in there, don't try to do things so quickly, and move my legs properly instead of quickly turning on a swivelled foot. Anyway, this morning everything still works after a good night's sleep so I will enjoy a long walk along the beach, hopefully in the glorious sunshine again, or is that wishing for too much?

Hope you're not back at work today, and if not, have a good one all
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Good morning all!

Our usual is on the cards today. Just a walk round town and maybe a breakfast thrown in. I'm hoping there aren't as many tourists as yesterday as it was packed.

Butlins looks like they've done a roaring trade over New Year. Their car park was full and the rides were going full pelt.

Dave will be quite busy over the next couple of days. He's got a radiator shelf to fit at Gary's and then his new text phone should arrive either tomorrow or Friday and that will need sorting. He always has a list of jobs at Gary's because as soon as he sorts out one lot, Gary always finds another lot to do

Hope all those returning to work don't find the rest of the week too much of a drag (I always thought the short working weeks seemed to take forever to end for some reason).

Enjoy whatever you're up to today. I hope whatever needs sorting gets sorted and you all have a good 'un and stay safe x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Morning lynn and all,
Finally after 3 weeks we have a refuse collection again sometime today, so I have been sorting out my mountain of rubbish and recycling for them.

Kyiro seems to be limping more this morning, so we are certainly not out of the woods yet, but i intend to remain positive and hope it settles.

I am glad Dillon is being good for you this morning Lynn and I still think its hormonal as he has these days where he calms down, which surely if he had anything medically wrong he would always be the same. I hope I am right anyway.

Gerri I am sorry to hear about your cousin and I hope you can get everything sorted.

Back to normal here today with work later. Charly and Ash should be back today so that will be nice.

Have a good day all.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »