Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 06:41 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, April 23

Good Morning everyone and Happy St. George's Day. 400 years since the birth and death of Shakespeare. Fancy dying on your birthday!

Enjoy your day out today Lyn, Hope you have a nice lunch it would be good if they allow dogs in.

Well at least the sun is out this morning which is nice to see but very cold out there.

Glad the girls were not too bad last night June and that Nigel will come next week to do your lawn. You'll be getting there then with the garden.

Griff, hope all is well with you except for banging doors this morning.

Nippy Jen, Norma, Mandy, Brenda and co hope you are all in fine fettle this morning.

Have a good day all, take care and stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-04-2016, 06:57 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.
It is as you so rightly say, St George's Day, and upon this most significant of days, my very best wishes to all our members and hope that the day of England's patron saint brings happiness and joy to all.
I know it's not particularly "cool" or "groovy" as we used to say way back when, but I have a fondness for Shakespeare's plays - although sadly the Sonnets (all 154 of them) don't do much for me. Macbeth being my favourite.
Have already been out for a good gallop and all the dingoes have gone back to bed, it's a beautiful morning here and although nice and sunny, still the remains of last night's frost and a distinct nip in the air.
Hope you all have a good day - whatever you do, take care all and as always, bye fer now.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 07:11 AM
Morning each and all who come later. If it is St. Georges Day can I be the Dragon? I love dragons. Sunny here and off soon to sort out those puplets and then when classes are finished for the morning off to have lunch at our local Miller and Carter. Yum. I can hear that Chicken schnitzel calling me. Have a good day all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Thank you Gordon just walked Amber and it is lovely out there, nice and fresh but not too cold. Merchant of Venice and the Tempest I think were my favourites although I have to confess not to knowing them all. Macbeth always seemed a bit sombre to me.

Brenda, Good luck with your second week of this new class, hope they are more ready to learn this week. Have a good lunch later.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 07:43 AM
Good morning everyone

Enjoy your day Moyra at least it is dry and sunny today.

Hope you enjoy you walk Lynn with your friends and do hope the pub lets the dogs in.

Hope all the puplets behave and do well for you Brenda.

Have a good day Gordon up there in your little piece of paradise

Lovely and sunny here. Have walked Teazle and got quite warm. Nothing planned for today may go and see if I can find a toaster I like as mine has decided to no longer pop up and I keep having to put a knife down it

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-04-2016, 07:59 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those to follow.
Well it is raining and has been all night so not sure about the walk yet. Welney is likely to be quite wet. If it is called off we will maybe meet Cindy and tim at the pub anyway for lunch and just do a short road walk with Dillon as usual.
Shame I hope elsewhere has better weather as there will be lots of walks going on all a bit to far for us to join sadly.

I hope everyone has a good day and are well as I hope our foulr legged friends are too.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Oh Sue that is dangerous to attack the toaster with a knife, it must be the thermostat gone on it. Hope you find one you like.

I have been trying to find suitable swimming sessions for disabled in the district. Haven't had much luck yet. I really need to get back into it. I used to swim every lunchtime when I worked just outside Chelmsford. I miss the freedom swimming gives you. They pulled our local pool down a couple of years or so ago to make way for more supermarkets that do not now need the site.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 08:06 AM
Oh Lynn, that is such a shame that you have wet weather there. It is beautiful here if a little chilly but the sun is brilliant. I hope you at least get to have a nice lunch and Dillon can rest his leg.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 08:30 AM
Good morning everyone, nice and sunny here, although quite a strong easterly breeze.
My fettle is fine thank you Moyra! I hope your problems are improving.
Gordon I studied Macbeth for my O level, so I still remember, "is this a dagger I see before me" etc but otherwise I have little interest in him I'm afraid
Morning Brenda, your chicken schnitzel is making my mouth water. I hope you enjoy it.
Sue for heavens sake be careful with that knife I hope you switch off at the mains before you start poking around.
Hi Lynn it will be a pity if your walk is called off but enjoy your lunch.
Nothing much planned today it would be nice to get in the garden but everywhere is so wet
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Good morning all that's been and all to follow
Hope you've recovered from the hospital visit yesterday Moyra good luck finding a swimming pool
Lynn Sod's law the weathers not good for your walk hope you have an enjoyable lunch
Brenda enjoy training and lunch out
Sue defiantly new toaster can't have you electrocuting yourself
Lg weather here much like your self frosty start to the morning sun beginning to peep through hope you have good and productive day
TW how's the norties no musical bed I hope
Griff do hope you and the doglets are ok
Mandy Nippy enjoy your day what ever your up to
Nothing planed so far just same old same old
Take care stay safe xxxxxxx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >