Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-11-2013, 08:07 PM

Tugs, male Labrador x Mastiff, DOB 10.12 – Godstone, Surrey

Tugs, Labrador x Mastiff, DOB 10.12 – Godstone, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Tugs needs a strong family who can offer Tugs time to unwind, learn to listen and settle. He is at that leapy, mouthy stage of development with very few skills laid as a foundation. Tugs will need a training home to support him as he brings his energy under his control as a maturing large dog: No malice just a high level of ineptitude.

His Story: Tugs was found stray as a very young dog who is quite confused as to how to please and certainly still doesn't understand about the lead. Tugs is neutered, chipped and vax'd. Tugs is currently in boarding kennels in Godstone, Surrey.

Advert: Tugs came with the name but we are hoping to find a family to move him beyond it! Tugs is a large puppy who leaps and kennels hasn't help him to explore and utilise his abundant energy. Tugs is play, play, play. He is a little too large to behave like a 3 month old puppy and so we have to help him to become the adult dog.

Tugs is a 1 year old Yellow Lab x ?Mastiff. He has a short yellow coat with appealing black muzzle which smiles the clown! Tugs is endearing but needs a determined family who are there for him either as a foster or as his forever home to move him through. His original owners did nothing for him and abandoned him to try and catch up on his missing formative months. He will succeed but needs patience and time to support his unfoldment.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 100 dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £175 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-03-2014, 10:19 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

"Tugs is making fantastic progress with us!

He is a high energy dog but walks so nicely now in comparison to when he first came in. He is one of my regular Saturday walks so it's been good to follow his improvement week by week.

I get a lovely welcome in his kennel - I think he thinks I could get his leads on a bit quicker but he just wriggles a lot as he's so desparate to get going on his walk!

I normally walk him on his own as I try to go a bit further with him, but we walked with Bella & Rachel yesterday - they are similar in a lot of ways as they're both so puppy like , but they were a good combination and seemed to muddle along well together.

Tugs would love an active home - I don't know if the kennel staff have been teaching him a few commands or whether he already knew them, but he will sit on command and I got him to go on his bed and sit so he is very trainable and would possibly make a good agility dog as he really needs to channel his energy in a positive way.

Tugs is only a young boy, and I'd hate to see him waste his young life in kennels when he really does have so much potential - does anyone feel that they can offer him a home where he can show his full potential.

Tugs is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Tugs a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Closed Thread