Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 02:31 PM

Ohh dear

Was looking for a video for the CM debate (which i cant find ) anyway i came across this i know its the united states but jeeez the advice given is fricking awful!

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/h...nt?oid=3708968

Sorry if im not allowed to post this link i wasnt sure!?? - remove if its againt the rules
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Wow. That's just wretched. And anyone who quotes from that dogbites.org site doesn't do their proper research. It's owned by a woman with a vendetta against pit bulls and she seriously skews facts when she doesn't outright make them up.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 03:01 PM
OMG thats horrundous, what on earth was the person on when he wrote this? And what do they know about stopping dog attacks, and their advice is the opposite to itself, at one point you lie still and play dead, on another your fighting back trying to kill it, apart from the fact that if you hit a dog back its more then likely going to get more aggresive, how many people are going to be phyisically able when they could be injured to somehow free both arms, get a jacket or something wrapped around one and let the dog bite it, then go for the eyes? What a load of rubbish is this from a load of dog haters, oh and I'm sure that dogs see young kids as yummy too
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 03:14 PM
I couldnt believe what i was reading when i saw it! Some people havent got a clue have they.
Get on top of the car, then get on the floor and play dead, then spray it in the eyes, or wack it across its head, break its knees! disgusting..
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Whilst I understand that the writer is trying to be 'funny', to me that article is anything but. Of course it is meant to be written in an amusing way but the advice seems to me to be a little too serious, especially when what they are advising is not only ridiculous but dangerous too! Some of the comments below are horrid too, so many hideous people making ill informed comments

On the bright side, I liked the comment someone made about comparing the amount of attacks on humans by dogs and the amount of attacks on humans by humans
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Good grief! What a load of malarky! I hope that was meant as a joke....because not only is it alarmist ill founded non-sense, if people actually did that there would be a lot more dog attack deaths.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 03:17 PM