Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
The OP's dog has never even been crate trained. So clearly that is not the problem. This person is just constantly derailing the topic at hand.

As for dogs being "quality dogs" or what have you. Many dogs chew. Many dogs chew when stressed. Dogs cannot tell the difference between something safe to chew on (their toys) and something very much not safe (electrical cords). I chose to protect my dog when he came home and so when I was not there to watch over him and make sure he made good choices, he was in a crate. Once he matured and the stress from being kicked around left him and he was able to make good choices, he gained more freedoms. Do people consider playpens for kids a bad thing? Should we let a 1 year old child crawl all over the house and potentially hurt themselves? Or do we find ways to contain them if we can't keep a close eye for a short bit?

And that doesn't even address the fact that dogs are kept in cages at the vet when there for surgery, at the groomers, and need to be crated at trials for obedience, agility, etc. I'd rather know my dog was comfortable in a crate than add that extra stress when he has to go in for surgery sometime.
Caging animals is cruel, under all circumstances. Give me one day to keep you in a crate just big enough for you to turn around and you will agree, I promise you. https://www.google.com/search?q=dogs...rAV1xQVaKOM%3A Very happy dogs I assume.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7