View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GoldenShadow1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I try to go by the 60:20:10:10 sort of ratios (meat;tripe;bone;offal) and am a bit geeky and OCD and like to work it out as close to perfect as I can. Rupert gets some form of bone be it in the mince he eats, turkey necks or lamb bones or fish etc on about 6 days a week I think.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
see thats my problem, one or two small chicken wings does mine a meal. they only get 150g a day (roundabout i dont weigh it so just guess now, but they arent too thin or too fat) and last time i weighed the wings out properly 3 small wings from landywoods weighs 150gs.
My Springer gets the same amount of food as your CCs!

I feed bones every other day. The way I work it out is all the bones I feed are roughly 50:50 bone:meat ratio, so if I fed one meal out of two as bone every other day the overall ratio would equal 12.5% bone content. Obviously if their bone meals are a higher ratio of bone then I'd adjust what I fed accordingly.

Personally I think if it ain't broke don't fix it, as long as the poos are ok I think you should be happy.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3