Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 09:25 PM

Samoyed

General Appearance
Most striking. Medium and well balanced. Strong, active and graceful, free from coarseness but capable of great endurance.

Characteristics
Intelligent, alert, full of action. ‘Smiling expression’.

Temperament
Displays affection to all mankind. Unprovoked nervousness or aggression highly undesirable.

Head and Skull
Head powerful, wedge-shaped, with broad, flat skull, muzzle medium length, tapering foreface not too sharply defined. Lips black. Hair short and smooth before ears. Nose black for preference, but may be brown or flesh-coloured.

Eyes
Almond-shaped, set slanted, medium to dark brown, set well apart with alert, intelligent expression. Eye rims unbroken black. Light or black eyes undesirable.

Ears
Thick, not too long, slightly rounded at tips, set well apart and well covered inside with hair. Fully erect in adults.

Mouth
Jaws strong with a perfect, regular and complete scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws.

Neck
Strong, not too short, and proudly arched.

Forequarters
Shoulders well laid, legs straight and muscular with good bone and not too short.

Body
Back medium in length, broad and very muscular with exceptionally strong loin. Chest deep but not too broad, well sprung deep ribs, giving plenty of heart and lung room.

Hindquarters
Very muscular, stifles well angulated. Viewed from rear, legs straight and parallel, with well let down hocks. Cowhocks or straight stifles highly undesirable.

Feet
Long, flattish, slightly spread and well feathered. Soles well cushioned with hair. Round cat feet highly undesirable.

Tail
Long, profusely coated, carried over the back and to side when alert, sometimes dropped when at rest.

Gait/Movement
Moves freely with strong, agile drive, showing power and elegance.

Coat
Body should be well covered with thick, close, soft and short undercoat, with harsh but not wiry hair growing through it, forming weather-resistant outer coat, which should stand straight away from body and be free from curl.

Colour
Pure white, white and biscuit, cream, outer coat silver tipped.

Size
Height: dogs: 51-56 cms (20-22 ins) at shoulder; bitches: 46-51 cms (18-20 ins) at shoulder. Weight in proportion to size.

Faults
Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.

LOL this should be good
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm not going to critique him but he's certainly got the Samoyed smile Just wanted to say what a lovely description of the temperament in the standard - 'Displays affection to all mankind.'

Debs
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh my word Louise some dogs just need to be gone over in the flesh to be commented on fairly!

Absolutely perfect expression! Brilliant! Nice head and ears. Eye rims and lips black. Correct tail set, looks to be nice and straight at the front. Appears to have a good topline but everything else is just far too fluffy for me to hinder a guess at!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Yes he certainly has the smile and the affection part
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 02:18 PM
If the breed standard was 'look gorgeous, happy and fluffy and make me want to cuddle him' then you definitely hit the mark! Mmmm love him!

(i cant critique i just love dogs!)
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 03:35 PM
too cuddly
Jessie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Hes lovely but i would say if anything his eyes are a bit round,
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2007, 11:44 PM
LOL well for a dog thats never seen a show ring I think he can live with that..
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 12:18 AM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW - sorry I know thats not being critical, but AWWWWWWWWWWWW
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 08:51 AM
I take your AWWWWWWWWWWWWW - AWWWWWWWWWWWW

And raise you an "ishysquishycuddlywuddlyfurmonster"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >