Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
No they shouldn't zonk her out. Skullcap and valarian tablets will but that's because the valarian is a sedative. However the skullcap is not and calms without sedating. The calm down herbs contain chamomile, skullcap, lime leaf, verberna and lemon balm, none of which are sedatives (I've been doing my reading , found out not to use valarian long term)

unfortunately the Bach fear aggression drops didn't work for Cain, but the DAP helps him - he does need it outside. But I agree it is expensive. Anyway, I hope you manage to get hold of your drops soon
Valerian has absolutely no effect on Oscar whatsoever, I didn't realise it was a sedative, he must have some serious staying power!

I tried the fear aggression formula from Holistic pets and tbh they were a nightmare. The delivery took nearly 6 weeks and they only delivered after I complained, plus it didn't really do anything for Oscar.

He currently has Mimulus in his water, but I don't think it's doing anything as he doesn't have it when he's at my parents (3 days a week) and I don't notice any difference in him when he comes back. I was going to try Cherry Plum as that's the closest one I could find to the Fear Aggression one, but Oscar seems to be improving gradually as he matures so I'm going to see how he goes before I consider trying anything else.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Failing that, if you really can't get it and the rescue remedy doesn't work, you could try Calm Down herbs. CSJ mix them up and it's supposed to be fantastic. I'm currently using their Heal herbs which has helped Cain's digestive system no end and I am definately going to try the Calm down herbs

http://www.csjk9.com/productcart/pc/...3&idcategory=3

I know you'd much rather gave the Bach drops, but it's an option maybe if you do get stuck.
Update - I got these thanks & have been giving them to Tilly for a week now & they have done the job just as well as the bach flower, if not better. The feet biting has stopped again & she's even a lot happier about being touched by the teenage brats. Everybody in the house has noticed how less anxious she is in the evenings when it goes dark, as this is normally when she goes into "guard" mode. She's still very alert & barks if the door goes or whatever, so it's not like she's been zombie tised or anything
The only downside is she really doesn't like the taste & I have to try to disguise them by mixing them into her food until they disappear.
It says they take 3 weeks to work, but like the bach flower I have noticed a difference very quickly.
So thanks again Moon's Mum
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the update, that's really really great news . I still haven't tried them on Cain as I am still using the digestive ones and I don't want to mix too many herbs together however once the pot is finished I have been planning to definately try the Calm Down herbs with him. I've read many good reviews about them and now they are helping Tilly too Im hoping to be able to phase out the DAP collar and hopefully use the herbs instead. I'm really glad that Tilly is coping better with them I'll let you know if they work on Cain for when I finally do try them.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3