View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 07:52 PM

Where to get fear aggression bach flower remedy?

I usually get it from Holistic Pet Supplies online but there seems to be a problem there. There's a message on their homepage saying they have a problem taking phone calls & emails & even when you do try to order, when you go to pay it says their account is cancelled on sage pay.
I can't seem to find anywhere else that specifically does the fear aggression one (not the rescue remedy) does anybody know where I can get it?
I ran out completely last week & I can see a difference in Tilly already.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Have you tried http://www.bachfloweressences.co.uk/...y=All-Products
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Holistic is the only place I knew of that did it. I don't think it was an official one, it had a homemade label so I suspect they mixed it themselves.

Maybe you could read the label and contact somewhere that mixes them and ask them to make you a batch?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Have you tried http://www.bachfloweressences.co.uk/...y=All-Products
Thanks - just had a look, I'm not sure what is in the one I've been using as it just says "beech, rock & other infusions" mixed with water. I want something like this which is ready to use. Then I read on another site that mimilus is good for fear aggression, so it all got a bit confusing & I don't want to start mixing my own as I know nothing about it - other than the one I used worked a treat.
Tilly nearly had the washing machine repair man this morning, I had to shut her in the living room & is getting very territorial over male visitors, just in the last week since we ran out!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Holistic is the only place I knew of that did it. I don't think it was an official one, it had a homemade label so I suspect they mixed it themselves.

Maybe you could read the label and contact somewhere that mixes them and ask them to make you a batch?

yes, that's what I thought only I don't know what the "other infusions" are other than the beech & rock. Maybe it's a secret recipe & like you say all homemade.
I'm sure a dogsey member's mum was starting to do it - where are you - I need you!!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Failing that, if you really can't get it and the rescue remedy doesn't work, you could try Calm Down herbs. CSJ mix them up and it's supposed to be fantastic. I'm currently using their Heal herbs which has helped Cain's digestive system no end and I am definately going to try the Calm down herbs

http://www.csjk9.com/productcart/pc/...3&idcategory=3

I know you'd much rather gave the Bach drops, but it's an option maybe if you do get stuck.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Failing that, if you really can't get it and the rescue remedy doesn't work, you could try Calm Down herbs. CSJ mix them up and it's supposed to be fantastic. I'm currently using their Heal herbs which has helped Cain's digestive system no end and I am definately going to try the Calm down herbs

http://www.csjk9.com/productcart/pc/...3&idcategory=3

I know you'd much rather gave the Bach drops, but it's an option maybe if you do get stuck.

Thanks - I was thinking of going back to the DAP diffuser until I can get the bach flower again.
I haven't tried the rescue remedy, I thought that was for just occasional use like travelling & fireworks.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't know if you'd consider a collar but I've just switched from a DAP collar to a Beaphar calming collar which is working just as well and is half the price. I don't think they do a plug in though.

Have you tried phoning to company and finding out what's going on? I'm pretty sure you can use the rescue remedy on a regular basis over a short period (I.e. A few weeks till you get the right drops) without any ill effects.

Anyway, I'll shut up now, I feel like I may be complicating the matter more than helping
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't know if you'd consider a collar but I've just switched from a DAP collar to a Beaphar calming collar which is working just as well and is half the price. I don't think they do a plug in though.

Have you tried phoning to company and finding out what's going on? I'm pretty sure you can use the rescue remedy on a regular basis over a short period (I.e. A few weeks till you get the right drops) without any ill effects.

Anyway, I'll shut up now, I feel like I may be complicating the matter more than helping
no your'e not confusing me! I only started using the bach flower as it was recommended & I thought I'd try it as the DAP diffuser was expensive & I found it didn't last the full 4 weeks. So when I got the bach flower I noticed a difference within days & was gobsmacked. I haven't tried the DAP collar & I have heard of the Beauphur one too but not used it. I don't really want to use a collar, she doesn't need it outdoors, she has a personality transplant when we leave the house & any stranger can touch her or fuss her ( unless it's the vet or groomer!) it's just indoors.
I just looked at the calming herbs you suggested, they might be worth a try, as long as they don't zonk her out
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 08:48 PM
No they shouldn't zonk her out. Skullcap and valarian tablets will but that's because the valarian is a sedative. However the skullcap is not and calms without sedating. The calm down herbs contain chamomile, skullcap, lime leaf, verberna and lemon balm, none of which are sedatives (I've been doing my reading , found out not to use valarian long term)

unfortunately the Bach fear aggression drops didn't work for Cain, but the DAP helps him - he does need it outside. But I agree it is expensive. Anyway, I hope you manage to get hold of your drops soon
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >