Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 12:55 PM

Oh no fleas!

They are not due to be flea'd 'til the 1st Oct, but we have fleas and I have just ordered frontline online and got drontal at the same time as they are due that doing aswell, and it's cost me nearly 70 quid for the lot of them. :smt022

Luckily there can't be many as I haven't actually found any fleas, just dirt and larve :smt078when I was cleaning out the bed and changing blankets. I do this every week and there was nothing last week so must just have been recently they have spread, but lookin back Charlie has been itching since the weekend but I haven't found any on him yet.

ARGH. I feel all itchy now!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 02:28 PM
I've been having trouble too, used stronghold on the dogs and front line on the cats and they are still itching had to sray all the carpets and sofa! Think it must be the weather.
mosie.mander-_@
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I have only had Willow since last Saturday and she keeps itching. I have not been able to used the flea protecter because she was only wormed just before l brought her home. Have contacted the Vets and they say that l will be able to used the flea stuff tomorrow. They were very helpful and said if she is not stopped scratching by monday then they want to see her.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm itching just thinking about it. It's a flaming nightmare
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 04:53 PM
The vet says a lot of people are coming back now and using advantage as the fleas are becoming immune to frontline and it isn't lasting as long as it should.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
The vet says a lot of people are coming back now and using advantage as the fleas are becoming immune to frontline and it isn't lasting as long as it should.
Good to know that, will have to keep an eye on madame!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 10:55 PM
It's also worth remembering that if you bath your dogs often then the preventative treatments don't last as long as they would normally.
trace1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2007, 10:25 AM
i'm glad its not just us having a flea problem, mine are driving me batty with the itching & chewing lol.
they've both been treated as well but with frontline, in fact i treated evie on monday & i still saw a walking flea on her on weds, is that normal ??? the flea did seem slow thou, so maybe it was on the verge of dying
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Right we are re-frontlined now, fingers crossed. Bliddy things.
mforster85
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2007, 07:57 PM
im dreading if mine ever get fleas!
my old cat had fleas and they got everywhere even my hamster had 1 poor lil guy had to have a bath the flea jumped on his nose to avoid drowning luckily my mum finaly got flea stuff for the cat!sorry i know the post was about dogs