Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MargotG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2013, 08:53 PM

Anyone near London?

Hey everybody,

I was wondering if any of you live near London/Kent? I would love to meet some new dog owners to go for regular walks with (Like a weekly thing), as my girl really enjoys with meeting up with her doggy friends and I never get enough of doggy talks lol

I'm also trying to find parks with v-e-r-y secure off leash areas, as Mishka is a husky and no matter how much of a good girl she is, she cannot be trusted off leash, so it'd be great to find a husky-proof off leash area for her to run in and play properly with other dogs.
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Hi,
I live in South London (not far from Greenwich/Woolwich and have a boerboel male who's 9 months.
We prefer walking in the woods so he can burn some energy instead of lead walking on the pavements .
He is very big and powerful though and plays best with likeminded dogs.
I normally use a long lead on him in the woods as he still finds other people and dogs a bit interesting

I read that Mishka is one year old, so I assume they would either get along great, or not really at all (as neither is an adult and they might not listen to each other properly). He likes to bump into his friends and play wrestle and "bitey face" games.

This is from almost 3 months ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrox7...x0c0PQ&index=5

I don't know any properly fenced in areas though, sadly!
MargotG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Hey Julie,
You live right by me, I'm near Lewisham!

Your Marvel is gorgeous, and sounds like my Mishka play wise, I am always a bit anxious when letting her play with other dogs, as she does play "rough" so I kind of get scared the other dog might not handle it, but I don't think that would be a problem with your boy.

Mishka is quite submissive, especially around bigger dogs than her, she does learn her place in a pack rather quick.
We also walk with a lovely lady that owns an Alaskan Malamute called Maka, we usually go around Greenwich park on their long leash as there is plenty of running space there
Mishka goes mental in the woods, she loves it! So much to smell and dig out aha

I don't have access to the private messages at the moment as I'm a new member, but I'll inbox you my number as soon as I have if that's ok?
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi, yeah that sounds good to me, we could always give it a try and see if they get along, worst case scenario we just walk our separate ways, hehe!

I can easily get to Greenwich park from where I live, I do bootcamps in a small park right next to it three times a week .
Have you got any time during the week? I find the parks so very busy with kids and small dogs during daytime on Saturdays/Sundays so I prefer doing the big walks outside that time if possible.

They have turned off the messaging system but you can start "private threads". Just to make it quicker, my email address is [email removed] .
MargotG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Yes exactly
Yeah weekdays are for me at the moment, would Thursday be ok?
I'll email you my number
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the walk today, Marvel is knackered and will be very well behaved for the rest of the day!

I only managed to get this one GRUMPY picture of him (we should have done one together!), lol :
MargotG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Hey Julie, it was very lovely!
Such a handsome boy, yes we forgot about taking some together!