Our sister sites
Vic-John
New Member!
Male 

28-10-2008, 02:31 PM

Victorian Bulldog...Alfie

The Victorian Bulldog Foundation Standard*

Description

Should favour the look of the Bulldog of circa 1890. Possessing no exaggeration of features that could impede movement and breathing. A medium size, smooth coated dog with a solid but active countenance. Large headed, broad muzzled with sort face, broad in chest rather short in body with hindquarters some what higher being not as heavy as foreparts, but not so as to destroy the symmetry of a muscular athlete. <o></o>

Temperament

Although fierce and formidable in appearance, must possess a steady, loyal and dependable nature, being bold without aggression, with a proud air of nothing to prove. <o></o>

Head

Should be large with circumference being equal to or slightly larger than the shoulder height. Cheeks rounded and extended sideways beyond the eyes. Muzzle broad with slight turn up of under jaw. Length from stop to tip of nose no shorter than 1" but no greater than 2". Nostrils large and open, black preferred but <st1lace w:st="on">Dudley</st1lace> acceptable. Flews broad and hanging over jaw at sides. Bite undershot but not to the excess that teeth are visible when mouth is closed. Wry mouth undesired. Eyes from front, set wide apart neither bulging or sunken and on no account should haw be visible. <o></o>

Ears Rose preferred, button or Tulip not carried erect or cropped.<o></o>

Neck

Thick strong and arched possessing length with skin forming dewlaps on each side. <o></o>

Body

Chest broad, deep with well sprung ribs, compact but still flexible. Slightly narrowing at the loins. Abdomen should be tucked up, on no account rotund. Roach back desired but only slight. <o></o>

Legs

Forelegs muscular, straight and wide apart. Elbows slightly away from ribs. Pasterns straight and strong. Hind legs powerfully muscled, with well let down hocks, a distinct turn of stifle. Feet round and compact. <o></o>

Tail

Either straight, kinked or screw. Rather short in length ideally not hanging below the hocks and not carried above the back. Never docked.

Coat

Short and soft.

Colour

All shades of brindle, white/pied, red, fawn and fallow either solid or with white markings. Black or black & Tan not desired.

Movement

Free flowing with plenty of drive, should walk its width.

Size

Males ideally 17-19" & 55-70lbs

Females ideally 16-18" & 50-60lbs

Pics only got these as rest are on my laptop what is broke.

Alfie is the one on the right at the end.

On the left with the 3 patches.

7 months in that pic above.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/cossiejohn/DSC_0046.jpg[/img

Similar in the above pic as well.

All above pics are him at 16 months old.

He is a very fit bulldog as you can see, even in the southern spanish heat.

Don't know if that is enough pics to go on.

John
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2008, 04:32 PM
He is stunning....what a cracker!!!!!!!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Am not a fan of new breeds or 'recreations'...BUT think Alfie could change my mind!What a stunning looking dog
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2009, 08:43 AM
I think he is gorgeous I actually prefer this type, to me they look much healthier and 'normal'. I think English Bulldogs have gone far too exaggerated.
VK's Crystal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2009, 10:42 PM
awesome head! I prefer a little more color lol. He's got nice proportions and seems like a handful and then some of personality!